AMD 7770 overclocking problem??

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Rydog106, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Rydog106

Rydog106
    Expand Collapse

You can look in my signature. to find all the specs but the issue is that when I try to overclock I get the BSOD. I use MSI afterburner to overclock. I don't even have to apply the overclock before it crashes all i have to do is move one of slider. I doesn't matter which one and all i have to do it movie 1 to left or 1 to the right and the computer crashes? The card is only temp. till i can buy a new card but i still want to be able to overclock because I don't get the performance that I want out of it.

Any help or suggestions is great!

2. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

have you tryed seeing if another program works?
    also msi works with nvidia?

3. Rydog106

Rydog106
    Expand Collapse

Yes I overclocked my old Gt 730 and it worked fine. I don't the gt 730 anymore though

4. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

BSOD code please?

Bluescreens in video cards occur when an aspect of the hardware changes without Windows being ready for it. Windows doesn't care how the card is functioning, that's why you can boot a computer with a fried video card with all sorts of artifacts everywhere but to windows, everything is dandy. Therefore, the issue is most likely with either with the program is doing things it shouldn't or, most likely, driver problems.

(was going to say something about AMD drivers but wanted to avoid flameware)

5. Rydog106

Rydog106
    Expand Collapse

I don't remember the BSOD code. (FYI I dont like amd drivers or amd cards either. My personal opinion.)

6. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Try using AMD's driver set (catalyst). Or don't overclock. You won't get much out of a 7770 anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice