Released American 80's Fullsize Series 2.1

disguised pre-release test car of a famous car brand.

1. joshdn93

joshdn93
    Expand Collapse

iv sorted it now, awesome mods thanks

2. Levi12

Levi12
    Expand Collapse

Would you be willing to make G-body mods, i would be willing to pay you. IE El Camino Cutlass Monte Carlo?

3. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

No Thanks, i'm not taking request. Also being paid by one single person, considering the amount of work for a mod, is not a reliable solution or a real motivation.
    I do mod because i want to, it's not possible to convert that into money. I could be paid for one special skin why not, but not for a mod.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Karl Reese

Karl Reese
    Expand Collapse

Hi! I just recently downloaded the updated version with the addition of the Caprice. I have removed the old .zip as instructed but I am still experiencing troubles with the Delta. In the vehicle selection menu the Regency and Caprice are now in separate folders as you said you did but the Delta is still in the "oldsmobile" folder (don't remember the exact name). I also tried deleting the cache but no luck there. The cars do spawn but seem to have no engine (interestingly smoke was coming out of a wagons exhaust). I had previously saved custom setups for the Delta. Do you think this might have anything to do with it?

Besides that, I am loving all the new versions you have added!

5. The Stig's German Cousin

The Stig's German Cousin
    Expand Collapse

The images look great, but I have some issues with the mod: The glass seems to have no texture, and sometimes also the body and the paintjob.

I unpacked the old .zip when I downloaded it a while ago, but I'm pretty sure I've deleted all of it.
    Also, I have always used the SteamApps > Common > BeamNG.drive folder instead of the MyDocuments > BeamNG.drive one. I've tried out putting the mod in both of them, it didn't work. I've unpacked the mod a few times into different folders, I've re-installed it several times, I've cleared all my caches, I've restarted my PC... Like seriously, I've been messing around with it for over an hour now, and I just can't get it to work.

Please help!
    Tobi aka The Stig's German Cousin

#385 The Stig's German Cousin, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Delta88 is still in the same folder than before, the codename oldsfullsize, because it remains the relationship between the fake prototype car in the repo, and the Addon.
    Other cars took freedom from this, because it would have been impossible to deal between all the presets in the same folder like before.

All the previous presets for the cars are broken, the structure of parts is not the same at all, parts had changed names, a lot are in common. Your presets will have unfortunatly to be redone.
    But they can't do anything with the mod to work or not, they will simply not work by themselves. So if the mod is not working, something is done wrong on your end.

I can't help you more than what is explained. Delete previous versions of the cars, including the main codename_oldsfullsize. Clear cache, then download the two files again. place them into mydocuments/beamNG.drive/mods and it will work. Nothing more is needed.
    Mods can't work in steamapps/ folder, it has been a long time they are in documents.

7. The Stig's German Cousin

The Stig's German Cousin
    Expand Collapse

Two files? I only downloaded the new one and deleted the old one, like I was told to do in the instructions... Do I need both?? What do you mean?
    Tobi aka The Stig's German Cousin

EDIT: Ah okay, I get it, you need both of them... I didn't notice you were talking about three different files as he names were so similar. I guess it should work now, we'll see ^^

EDIT #2: Works fine now! Thanks!

#387 The Stig's German Cousin, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  8. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

@SergentFido When I spawn up the Custom Cruiser, it says 'Fatal Vehicle Exemption Please Reload The Vehicle.'
    Yet, I recently cleared creche, and got rid of the old version.

9. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

The question is, where did the manger go?

10. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Multituber, the mod was downloaded 85000 times, and people having some issues are maybe 20/30 since the beginning. And it always ends up that they solve the issue, by a way or another.
    If the mod doesn't work for you, then something must be wrong in the way you do it. Do you have both the new version of the base mod (only the black car, the codename oldsfullsize) and the new addon pack ? If you don't have the newest version of the base car, problems will occur as skins are located in this zip file now. So this could be your issue.
    So you need both the newest codename that should overwrite the previous one, and the addon pack.
    There is nothing else to do. Be sure they are located in mydocuments/beamng.drive/mods and that's it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Joe voss

Joe voss
    Expand Collapse

So sergentFido do i have to delete the oldfullsize and the addon, then get this new update?

12. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

Kid, you're like 10. You don't have enough money to bribe someone.

13. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I know it probably isnt worth the work but this would be a nice addition to this mod its a heavily modified regency 98 from a german movie and its one of the coolest olds in movies

Attached Files:

• 11350_1068631021139.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

Best mod on the site, hands down. If only they were all this good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

have you tried the monster truck? both this and the the CRD are my favorite mods for BeamNG.

16. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

i agree, what a pleasure to run over 5 or 6 junkyard cars with the CRD ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I have the CRD also. I like it too, but not as much as this.

18. David King

David King
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why but it says I have missing textures, for example "Failed to create resource (is the file missing?):
    vehicles/oldfullsize/codenametxt/oldfullsize_gauges_d.dds"

It also says "
    Failed to create resource (is the file missing?):
    vehicles/oldfullsize/codenametxt/oldfullsize_lights_n.dds"

Same thing happens with glass.

19. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

David King, all is explained in the first post of this topic. Download both repository file and addon file, get rid of an older version of the mod if any, clear cache, and make sure both zip file are located in mydocuments/beamng.drive/mods. In addition to that, i just replied the same thing two messages above.
    You could have seen that people complaining finally made it work too.

20. Tire_Slayer

Tire_Slayer
    Expand Collapse

omg thank you soo much the caprice is my favorite car ever. i have owned 8 of them. i love the detail you have put into this build you are amazing. keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice