Released American 80's Fullsize Series 2.1

disguised pre-release test car of a famous car brand.

1. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

The Codename is just a placeholder, a "repo" introduction to the real mod, so i don't make any effort to have it working with options.
    The less it has options, the more the addon is downloaded.

2. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

I just have to say again what a fantastic job you guys have done with this mod. Absolutely love it! I have one question.
    The wheels that are exclusive for this mod, would it be possible to use the on the regular Beamng cars as well? Im not a modder so i dont know if it´s alot of work, or if you just want to keep them exclusive for the mod, wich is fine :)
    Again, thank you!

3. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks the question : indeed, there is plan to do a simple mod with those wheels. We just need to remove the logos, change the names of parts, and so on. I forgot about it

• Like Like x 1
  4. jtreign9097

jtreign9097
    Expand Collapse

Will G-bodys ever see the light of day on here? or maybe just an impala coupe based off the C/B-Body i think.....but i had one with a landau rear glass it was a 81 Impala 2dr with almost stock 327 from a barn find wreck late 60's impala.. it had stock originally a 4.4 Chevy 267cui motor.. the gutless wonder... any reasons the 267 4.4 and 4.3 v6 not an option for your mod as they are an era appropriate engine for the chevy caprice and others

5. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I don't plan to do G-body, i told it several times here. I own a Delta 88, i started the mod to get my own car in game, then extended to Regency. Caprice are bonus content because of the common body for the Wagon, and i needed a wagon. So i made the Wagon body from a Caprice mod to be common in game, between the two brands.

For the engines, meshes are not done, this is why they aren't available. I wanted the mod to be fun, so just basic V8 for quiet engines then custom engines, police version and so on.
    The purpose of this mod is having fullsize cars for car chase or derby. Slow engines like V6 or little V8 have low interest in that purpose. This is not ment to be the complete Olds/Caprice catalog of the era. My next mods won't be real cars, but inspired by.

• Like Like x 1
  6. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

maybe a idea a regency wagon someting like this

7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Would the Pontiac Bonneville coupe be a hard variant to do?

8. WinnebagoMan

WinnebagoMan
    Expand Collapse

It would be cool to have the other line of 80's GM coupes (especially since I own a G body myself), but the thing to remember is that the 88 and 98 coupes are two entirely different platforms. The 98/Regency is on the B platform and the Delta 88/Bonneville coupe are C bodies. That's why he's said no to this before with the F body line since making either means an entirely new frame and drivetrain (Caprice coupe, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, etc), which means that this mod would have to be split up since the oldsfullsize addon that Fido gets the frame from wouldn't be used at all for any of these cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

If i remembered correctly, SergentFido said he wouldn't do the Pontiac Bonneville or the Buick Electra.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

Following up on Brown Diplomat's post, Sgt. Fido will not be adding any more body styles, he will only be updating the mod so it is compatible in future versions.

11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone:
    - indeed i don't take request and i won't do other C or B body variants, too much work and no time for that anyway. Modding is done in free time and i have a lot of work so spare time is not so much available.
    - I've been contacted by Lundy the guy who is improving Carface Caprice for GTAV. He offered me to use his stuff, and he can also use some of my improvments. But i don't plan to make big changes to the Caprice as i improved them my way. If i consider the Caprice to get a vinyl roof i'll do it myself. But i have to be franck and tell you that you can't expect update before some times, i have my daily time distribution dedicated to work and family currently. I'll try to keep the mod working if new updates break it.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Great mod! I think as another idea in the next update is a "knock off" of a 1970s Chevrolet El Camino. I know that's a little irrelevant to this mod I guess,but it's Chevrolet and you've already got the base for it. Keep making the good mods buddy!

13. Die Kampfflieger

Die Kampfflieger
    Expand Collapse

Hey Fido, I don't know if anyone has ever brought this up in another thread or even on this one, but I managed to get everything downloaded and in the game, (top notch EVERYTHING I might add) but my window and headlight textures aren't working. I've heard of this problem arising before, but I just would like to hear your opinion on what I could do to remedy it. Thanks.

14. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

The 1970s Chevelle was an A-body. They were switched to the G-body in 1977....aside from the fact that the chassis is somewhat similar in appearance, save for the dimensions....completely different cars with entirely different bodies. Not much of a base.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

SergentFido said that he would not make another bodystyle for the Oldsfullsize so your outta luck buddy.

16. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I said that i won't do new body styles by request, i'll do the ones i begun to do like the Delta 88 coupe, when i'll have time :p

17. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Oh,sorry,didn't notice! :)

18. beamng.lover

beamng.lover
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, the install button will download the original 1-vehicle oldfullsize car, but the bottom button seems to work for me. Just saying guys!
    --- Post updated ---
    Overall, tho, its a really good mod.

19. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Are you planning on giving some more tuning options for all of the engines?

I get it, Its your mod do whatever you want with it.
    I just think that many of the engines lack manual option and the diesel could use with a turbo ( I'm that someone has turbocharged this engine irl)

+ I've noticed that this car seems to have a lot of grip, even with stock BeamNg tires. Is it the weight of this barge or have ypu done some weird magic to make it act like that?

I've tried to push the limo sideways using my custom 1100hp diesel d-series with drag tires and heavy gooseneck trailer attached to it abn it barely was able to move it and when it finally started moving it has rolled over.
    It feels weirde since I was able to push a loaded H-series the same way without it rolling over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice