Released American 80's Fullsize Series 2.1

disguised pre-release test car of a famous car brand.

1. Rod shop

Rod shop
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

the regular olds doesent work it spawns underground and the other ones as in the caprice and regency have no texture and skins don't work

2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Then it happens that you have to read the first message of this topic again :p

just the first lines, easy peasy ;) (it has something to do with the mod having two parts, but ssshhht, secret)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

4. Rod shop

Rod shop
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

5. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I'm working on a small update with a variant that was planned, the Delta 88 Coupe. With or without Landau Roof :

screenshot_02869.jpg screenshot_02870.jpg screenshot_02871.jpg

I made the simpler work now, the 3D mesh, but now i'll have to do more complex stuff like bucket seats for the Holiday coupe variant with floor shifter, and doors inner panels.
    So as usual, please don't ask for a release date as i'm working on it when i have spare time which is not a lot. It will be done when it's ready, as usual.
    Have a great day all :)

• Like Like x 23
  6. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Glad to see that this amazing project is back from it's ''roots''! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

Gorgeous, as expected! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

Please tell me there will be a hidden rust version of that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the kind feedback all. Indeed, the mod was such a huge work and journey that it deserves to be updated/improved when possible :p

Well why not, fot that i need a jbeam for a very shitty/rusty version, it's a bit of work as body panels are not the same as the Regency and also meshes has to be separated specificly (otherwise carpet will get the material change as well when damage is occuring).
    Speaking of that, i made improvments i wish will help for those who find it laggy, i merged all the bodies to be just one mesh, before carpet, vinyl roofs, floor, firewall, were all separated for sharing questions, but consequence were physics had more work, and i wasn't aware of that two years ago, a dev told me that.

• Like Like x 3
  10. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Very good mod, I love it :D !

11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

A bit of making of, as i thought it could interest some of you.

Here is the work in progress of the roof and side glass meshes, now finished. Vinyl and metal roof worked in the same time with their subtle differences :

delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_001.jpg delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_002.jpg delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_003.jpg

Some photo reference to get the better proportions possible:

delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_004.jpg

The tricky thing in making a new variant like this Delta 88 Coupe is that i don't want a new car of the same mod to add more textures for almost nothing.
    Door panels are longer but with similar designs.
    So i use old school tile and mirroring tricks to get a result as good as possible without creating new textures.
    The mod is now two years old for the main part, it was made a bit empiric, with simply two cars planned, then it got lots of additions.

So here is the process to get a door panel, with mirroring tricks :

delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_005.jpg delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_006.jpg delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_007.jpg delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_008.jpg

The result had horizontal lines so i did my best to remove them.

delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_009b.jpg

Same kind of work for the little rear panel :

delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_010.jpg

The car has now doors panel good to go, without two much work spent (it takes time anyway)
    Of course this is not really top notch work, but just adaptation. The car is a free mod so making some "not so important" parts this way allows it to at least become alive.

screenshot_02892.jpg screenshot_02896.jpg screenshot_02895.jpg

Very important thing, the new panels work with the skin versions of the interior like the wornout one :

screenshot_02893.jpg

All cars use the same vinyl roof texture. So each time, i need to make the new mesh as clean as possible and UVmap it as good as possible on the existing texture.

delta88coupe_sergentfido_wip_011.jpg

screenshot_02891.jpg

So far it's working good so i will add the Caprice Sedan vinyl roof. I will also improve the Regency mesh for the vinyl roof around the backlight as it was awkward and i made progresses since it was made.

The body panels, as they have detailled normal maps and also a working skin, must be UVmapped on a new texture. I will do that now, when i have some spare time.

Here it is for the hackjob stuff. On further productions if any i will think about the whole texturing before working to avoid those tricky adaptations.The Olds wasn't really planned to be so big at the beginning, i just got trapped into it.

Now i will begin the most interesting part, the new seats, bucket and rear bench specific to the coupe. New textures required.

To finish the post, some crashtesting, as i'm also working on deformations, which requires some more tweaking. I will improve the Regency Coupe as well.

I'm still very proud and happy about how the front end of those cars deforms. It took me dozen of hours of work as i wasn't a jbeam expert at all. This was something that would have make me give up the mod back in 2016 if i wasn't finally happy with it. I have some older versions of the mod before release still working and it was really bad :)

screenshot_02887.jpg screenshot_02875.jpg screenshot_02890.jpg
    I did some new tweaking on the Sedan as well.

screenshot_02885.jpg

Would you guys be interested in a longer and specific topic about all the work on this mod ? I saved lots of steps and i like sharing, so if it could be of some interest and maybe motivate other modders and beginners to achieve some more works, it could be nice, what do you think ?

#831 SergentFido, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 21
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely think you should post more dev shots, almost acts like a how to on mesh creation/modifying. Looks good also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Okay, i will prepare that and post in the content creation section. Lots of details could be interesting to see how they were made.
    I love those kind of sharing which is different from just product to consumer feel we can get from releasing a mod, even if feedbacks were great for the most part of course :)

#833 SergentFido, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Flamma

Flamma
    Expand Collapse

I LOVE IT !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. JaksaPL

JaksaPL
    Expand Collapse

Did engine sounds are bugged? Because I don't have any xd

16. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

They are done with the older system, so they are affected by the general sound effects setting. If it's on 0, then no car sounds, or very quiet, depending on your setting.
    Anyway those sounds are old, new sounds are coming with next update.

17. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

So Being able to use Your Great wheels with other vanilla vehicles will be a thing now or am i just thinking differently?

18. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yep, what i meant in the part you quoted, is that it will be a different mod, a wheel pack.

19. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

THIS MOD DOESNT WORK TOO!

20. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

Calm your tits, why doesn't it work?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice