Released American 80's Fullsize Series 2.1

disguised pre-release test car of a famous car brand.

1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Great to see this excellent mod still getting attention! Will the roof slot work change the actual jbeam configuration or just the way the
    jbeams get selected in slots?

2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hi my great friend :p
    The roof slot was made to delete duplicates. Instead of having one jbeam for the regular body mesh and another one duplicated for the vinyl roof one, we now have only one jbeam calling two sub parts just for selecting the good mesh. Those subparts refers to the body group, so they don't have any nodes or beam sections.
    They are just aesthetics subparts.
    Nore more copy and paste of jbeams lines everytime a node or a beam value is changed on the body. As the sub parts are in fact the body mesh selection, this is possible only since there is a core slot : no empty slots, because empty slot would have resulted in invisible body.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a clever and inevitable change. I zeroed in on this because I have a long standing dis-like of the Moonhawk roof jbeam arrangement and
    was hoping it was getting a little makeover:p. Said it a million times, I need to learn to jbeam!

4. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Fun you speak about the moonhawk roof. This mod is based upon the moonhawk sedan mod but the roof of the vanilla car was changed and has nothing to do with the older: 3 rows of nodes instead of four. Also on my mod lots of things were changed from the moonhawk sedan because the shape is not the same :p

5. warhammer

warhammer
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me or is there hardly any engine noise with this car package? I can here the supercharger and tires but very little exhaust note?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hellcatzwithz06

hellcatzwithz06
    Expand Collapse

thanks, i solved the problem

7. bmprjack380

bmprjack380
    Expand Collapse

With the Coupes/2drs, is there a way to be able to remove the rear quarter glasses behind the doors? Seems with the Regency coupe only the door glass, windshield and back glass can be removed. Delta 88 coupe looks great! Hope it gets released soon. Exciting stuff!

8. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hi, i can remove those glass too, i just have to move them from body jbeam to glass jbeam, good idea, thanks :)
    I just came back from vacations so i'll try to update the mod when i have available time :)

To Warhammer, the next update will have better sounds, so those issues related to sound effects volume will be no more.

9. cruzertop

cruzertop
    Expand Collapse

Do you think its possible to put the oldsfullsize light bars on any next gen? like gavril grand marshal for example? (I just like what thinking of what the oldfullsize light bar would look cool) if you cannot do it. its okay
    --- Post updated ---
    i mean by next gen like cars from 2000-2018

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DiRF

DiRF
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to echo cruzertop's sentiments... only because the lightbars on the oldfullsize (and on the similarly amazing H-Series retro addon) looking and function freaking amazing. Would love to see them available on more vehicles.

But if that's not in the cards, I'm happy for all the work on these existing mods!

11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't be so difficult, it only has to be modified to stick to the others cars roof nodes, which names are different.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cruzertop

cruzertop
    Expand Collapse

#892 cruzertop, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  13. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I seem to have issues with spawning the beater Caprice sedan, will try clearing the cache and try again.

14. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that as well. It's the Beamstate Lua that makes the cars spawn already damaged that is not working anymore. I will try to update the mod as soon as i can regarding those issues.
    So in the meantime, try to avoid using those beater and other pre-damaged cars. All the rest of the mod works fine afaik.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

would you be able to tidy up the Downloading links. when i did download it, it was quite confusing many links and sections. would you be able to but them all together in order. then when you update it, it says next to it updated, so we know instantly what one to update, and it is right there to see ?
    Or that may just be me. but it is a good idea. to have the links all at the bottom.

16. Ihatecheeseguy

Ihatecheeseguy
    Expand Collapse

there is no texture on the windows and head lights

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Make sure to download the oldsfullsize mod from the repository.

You can't just install the addon.

If you already have it's a conflicting mod

18. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

All the addon content is about Oldsmobile and Chevrolet, they are copyrighted brand and not allowed on the repository. That's why everytime i update the addon, i update the main file on the repository so that everyone knows all the mod parts have to be updated. I don't see so much confusion in downloading manually one more file. Anyway, this is the solution we found to have the addon being dependant of the repository black codename car, and it's not going to change.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DaxTheHusky

DaxTheHusky
    Expand Collapse

Hey, long time favorite mod of mine, though after buying a new PC and redownloading etc etc, I find that the mod isn't working for me and I'm unsure as to why. The slot in the car selection is there, but nothing as far as the addon with the Caprice and Olds are not showing up. I have indeed tried downloading the Addon via the repository and still the same result. I'll try deleting the mod itself and reinstalling, but if there is something I am doing wrong, I'd like a hand pointing in the right direction.

Please disregard. I've figured it out. Problem solved!

#899 DaxTheHusky, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  20. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

The addon isn't in the repository, it has always been in the first message of this discussion. In the repo you have only one car, which secretly hides glass textures, skins and other stuff making the two parts interdependant. So you just have to download the repository part, and the addon in the first message. Please note that since the last release some cars configurations don't work anymore, especially beater car. This will be resolved on next udpate (Answer : when it's ready :D)

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice