Released American Road Refresh

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by MegaKnight, Oct 7, 2024.

  1. Lolbit1696

    Lolbit1696
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2022
    Messages:
    17
    when will the new update be or like a next update
     
  2. Dovakhiin

    Dovakhiin
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2020
    Messages:
    2
    People like you should be punished. It is illegal to sell mods for a game you don't own and don't have permissions from copyright owners (game developers, original map author, etc.). You don't care about community or making the game better, you only care about abusing it for your own gain. I hope devs actually start fixing this problem (like other devs do. Ie. everyone cheered on CDPR/Cyberpunk for finally telling the paid VR mot author to put it up for free or take it down, everyone just started sharing his mod for free)
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. hamdatnoob

    hamdatnoob
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2022
    Messages:
    4
    While taking someone elses work and charging for it is wrong, but charging for mods certainly isn't if you own all of the assets. A mod for beamng is able to be charged for because its literally just code, nothing about the mod originally came from beamng itself. And I think that mod authors should be allowed to charge for their mods if a significant amount of work went into it, or if they simply want to (for example fun physics's mods are WELL worth the price tag).

    Though taking someone elses mod, changing it a bit, and then charging $36 for it is certainly reprehensible
     
  4. beamer09234

    beamer09234
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2024
    Messages:
    48
    Hello, is this still being updated? this is a really good map.
     
  5. MegaKnight

    MegaKnight
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2024
    Messages:
    314
    I won't update this anytime soon, as I'm working on my other map project. Though I will fix bugs/broken textures if they should occur after game updates.
     
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Thingyliker

    Thingyliker
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2026
    Messages:
    80
    The Gavril Bandit refresh is outdated. Could you replace it with a Barstow?
     
  7. Waylon_Likes_musclecars

    Waylon_Likes_musclecars
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2026
    Messages:
    4
    in order to actually use it you need to have a info file
     
  8. iliketrafficpacklol

    iliketrafficpacklol
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2026
    Messages:
    197
    there is some mission that doesnt load up?(i just have bus mode and time trial)
     
  9. Jerry Heartlead

    Jerry Heartlead
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2020
    Messages:
    1
    I think it needs another refresh for the 0.39 update...
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. MegaKnight

    MegaKnight
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2024
    Messages:
    314
    I'm already working on it :)

    screenshot_2026-07-31_12-12-12.png screenshot_2026-07-31_12-14-17.png
     
    • Like Like x 15
  11. MegaKnight

    MegaKnight
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2024
    Messages:
    314
    Small Progress Update

    douglasfir_pbr.png

    I don't know if you can tell from this screenshot, but I'm pbr-ing all trees ;)

    I've also added more colorful buildings using a material with instance color.

    colorful_buildings.png
     
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MegaKnight

    MegaKnight
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2024
    Messages:
    314
    New groundcover and more PBR materials

    screenshot_2026-08-05_13-59-33.png screenshot_2026-08-05_14-24-02.png screenshot_2026-08-05_14-04-08.png screenshot_2026-08-05_14-02-58.png screenshot_2026-08-05_14-18-10.png screenshot_2026-08-05_14-13-30.png screenshot_2026-08-05_14-08-24.png screenshot_2026-08-05_14-29-27.png
     
    • Like Like x 8
  13. Chance0302

    Chance0302
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2023
    Messages:
    3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MegaKnight

    MegaKnight
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2024
    Messages:
    314
    Thanks! :)
    I'll probably release the update in one or two weeks, as I still want to add/change a couple of things.
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chance0302

    Chance0302
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2023
    Messages:
    3
    Awesome!
     
  16. XJDan98

    XJDan98
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2021
    Messages:
    96
    The progress on the update looks fantastic! looking forward to it.

    Here's a suggestion though, I always felt that the desert was very out of place on this map. I get what the OG author was going for with covering all different biomes, but I feel that the desert is just poorly implemented and takes away from the general vibe of the rest of the landscape. I think replacing it with another lake region or something like a small town, camping/recreation area, or even a modest coastal city (nothing with huge skyscrapers, but something akin to the new cargill city that's already on the map) over the course of a few updates would really add that last bit of realism that the map needs.
     
  17. テクノモンキーDJ

    テクノモンキーDJ
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2018
    Messages:
    6
    Personally. I love the desert, and other people probably do too.
     
  18. Slab Bulkhead

    Slab Bulkhead
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2024
    Messages:
    84
    i agree, but something i feel needs to be done is a bit more of a smoother transition from grass fields and forests to desert, so it feels like a more natural transition between the biomes, and i think the desert is a bit underutilized, it should have some more dirt paths
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. MegaKnight

    MegaKnight
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2024
    Messages:
    314
    Like this section? It already exists in the public version. I could expand it along the rest of the border.

    bigmap.png transition.png

    I most likely won't add more dirt paths. I think you can just go off-road, no paths needed.
    But I may have found a nice spot for a new asphalt road connecting fields and desert :).
     
    • Like Like x 3
  20. MegaKnight

    MegaKnight
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2024
    Messages:
    314
    Night Lighting

    The first image shows the two major airports, New Cargill and Eastdale, from a viewpoint high above the map. The city's lights aren't visible from up there, but you can still see the mall as a few dots in the center.

    So far, I've added lighting to the main city (New Cargill) and parts of the city close to the desert (Eastdale). Still plenty of lights left to place ...

    airports.png nc_night1.png nc_night2.png
    gas_station_night.png busy_night_nc.png nc_night_top.png
    nc_night_side.png
     
    #220 MegaKnight, Aug 9, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2026
    • Like Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice