WIP Beta released American Road 1.91

Very large (120 sq/km, 11x11 km) map, hundreds kilometers of all types of roads. 8 GB RAM required

1. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

:D Gonna try that out

2. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Cherrier Vivace E 75KW/H in the American Road 82 km Impossible Time Trial

54:31:303 Total Distance: 83,7km
    Average Speed: 92,11 km/H
    Battery Charge used: 41,93 KW/H
    Average Consumption:50,1 KW/H / 100 KM
    Battery Charge remaining: 33,08 KW/H

Vehicle weight: 1778kg

The first challenge is not being fast... the first challenge is to avoid trashing your car over the course of almost 84km and you having to start all over again.
    The custom Vivace E with 75 KW/H battery is a joy to drive. I initially intended to use the 50 KW/H version but the relative high consumption with it on the first 10 kilometers made me worried about running out of battery power and so, after I suffered a crash, I switched to the 75KW/H version before this tour. As it turned out, my range anxiety was unfounded with only 41,93 KW/H used for the entire tour, even with an even heavier vehicle.

In general, it should be noted that driving with a keyboard as I do is bad for fuel economy as you never can stay in the efficient area of engine load. Instead you basically go Full Throttle - Coasting - Full Throttle - Coasting - Full Throttle - Coasting - which is far less energy efficient than simple maintaining speed. At maintained 100 km/h, the vehicle consumes 21,5 KW/H /100 KM. At maintained 120 km/h the vehicle consumes 22.4 KW/H / 100 km. This grants the 75 KW/H version of my Vivace a range of 349-335 km when driven at 100-120 km/h. Again, using a keyboard and in general not maintaining the same speed significantly increases consumption... more than doubling it in this case. Things like mountain climbing not helping matters naturally.

I wish to add that driving this route feels very realistic with road types changing regularly and towns now having names. I really enjoyed doing it. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

omg that took quite a long time.... congrats :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-4-23_16-42-26.png

upload_2020-4-23_16-42-39.png

Don't think so :p

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonimark

tonimark
    Expand Collapse

please fix the fps drop issue when looking at a specific direction

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. primo3001

primo3001
    Expand Collapse

I don't have that problem on my PC. Can you specify what direction and what area? The only place where I have FPS drop is the main city, but it's not terrible in my case. I usually get less fps on official BeamNG maps, than on American Road.

Another area that may be pretty heavy is mountain off road trail.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Thats an average speed of 141 km/h.... that is quite quick for a route that has more than one treacherous surprise. What vehicle did you use?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-4-24_16-7-2.png
    My 695hp sleeper Vivace :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

Better than a civic sleeper I guess :D

11. dodsonjd

dodsonjd
    Expand Collapse

I have a quick question. I updated the map and cleared cache. I am still having the missing trees texture. Shall I do the classic move of deleting and reinstalling the mod?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. primo3001

primo3001
    Expand Collapse

Hi. You can try to remove "a file called "mymap" from \Documents\BeamNG.drive\levels, and then clear cache.

13. Chance Barber

Chance Barber
    Expand Collapse

I tried putting your items.level.json file in, and now I can't load up my map at all. I did it exactly as you said. Any chance you can put a working map file in a reply on here? I really miss this map and love love love driving on this map.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

You can simply run map without any modification. Or you can unzip americanroad.zip to separate folder, replace items.level.json TO EXACT FOLDER and pack to zip again. It works for me just fine.

15. dodsonjd

dodsonjd
    Expand Collapse

Ok I will try. The thing is I downloaded the mod ingame. So I have to somehow find another source than Clear Cache. Thankyou!

16. FBI485

FBI485
    Expand Collapse

Good day! You have an awesome map! One of my favorites. It seems the latest update has broken traffic AI, systems. Cars just stop in the middle of the road can back traffic up. Sometimes trying to turn around on the highway. upload_2020-4-25_15-39-34.png

17. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

It's whole game's issue. Just wait the fix in the next update.

18. FBI485

FBI485
    Expand Collapse

They released an update this morning. This fixed the speed limit issue I had with it. But now they just stop in the middle of the road. I am experimenting on East Coast and can confirm this is a game issue. I'm glad I am not the only one.

19. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

No, they haven't.

20. FBI485

FBI485
    Expand Collapse

My bad, April 20th, steam makes it confusing sometimes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice