Animated textures on animated objects not working?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by MysteryManGER, Dec 2, 2022.

1. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with animated textures on animated objects.

This is my test object. It is moving and scaling up and down.

When I use the "scroll animation" in material editor, the cone just turns into pink, without the texture. The same happens when using the "rotation" or "wave" animation.

I also tried V1 and V1.5 textures. I know this was possible, when you have a look at my old funfair-concept for Car Jump Arena back in 2016:

I tried to insert this object...but the animated lights just turned red instead of showing RGB stripes. So I guess this isn't working anymore?

Or did I miss something?

Side question: "Glowing" is just possible with V1?

Please help...this is really important for my next project.

Thanks in advance!:)

MysteryMan

Attached Files:

• anim_obj1.jpg
    • anim_obj2.jpg
    • anim_obj3.jpg
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Glow only works for 1.0 so far, maybe in the future they will add it to 1.5. I have no idea about the animated ones though.

3. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Agent_Y. Than I have to use V1 for glowing material...but it doesn't matter. Thought I missed something. :)

For the animation thing...I also tried different file formats such as TGA or PNG instead of DDS...didn't work.

@devs: Could you please have a look at this? I really need scroll animation textures on animated objects :confused:;):)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice