1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Annoying Steering

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by DaddyPessima, Jan 20, 2018.

1. DaddyPessima

DaddyPessima
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I Set My Steering Settings as shown below
    dad.png

but when I turn it appears as I set it for the first couple yards but with speed, the sensitivity speeds up and then it all just starts to be overly sensetive like a flick of my joystick will send it over all the way to the other direction? How Do I Fix This?

@Nadeox1 @tdev

2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

As mentioned by @Darren9, It looks like you configured the binding in exactly the opposite way of what you wanted. Move the linearity to the right. Remember that you can move the joystick right there and watch the result of your change in real time (the "output" percentage of the graph).

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Do you need that high deadzone?

Recently I found out that I need deadzone of 1% but it used to be that when my steering control was centered it was 0 so I did not need deadzone at all.

Deadzone is range where no movement of your controller is taken account into, so generally you want that smallest possible, preferrably 0, but if your controller shows up as having some other reading than 0 when controller is centered, then you need to adjust deadzone to that same value.

Currently this is what I have for my Rumble pad 2 (gamepad), I'm not sure about that steering lock setting, would think low number would help not to oversteer, but haven't tested that much yet, maybe 90 degrees or something would work with gamepad or then just leaving it to 0:
    upload_2018-1-23_14-3-55.png

This is what I felt did work better, it kinda helps with beginning of movement to not be so violent.Try same settings and test how you feel about them, higher number to linearity setting for less sudden steering near center area of your controllers movement range:
    upload_2018-1-23_14-6-32.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice