1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Anti-Aliasing: Was the ability to turn it off removed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B3_Burner, Jul 4, 2022.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Seems since 0.25 came out, the only two choices are FXAA and SMAA, but no choice for off.

If this was done on purpose, what a bummer man. This was how I got my higher framerates, and I could quite care less about straight jagged lines on objects. Aliasing almost makes things look too refined and a little blurry. I like the harsh, but crystal-clear look of no aliasing. Any thoughts, or is there another approach to turn it off?

2. ThomasMu

ThomasMu
    Expand Collapse

The option to turn off anti-aliasing is at the top in the graphics settings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for your reply. I wouldn't have thought to look there, at the top, because it used to be within the Anti-Aliasing menu.
    You're a gentleman and a scholar.

4. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse

In the latest 0.27.1.0.14652 version I cannot disable the anti-aliasing. I set to turn off, but in-game there is still applied AA. The tick box doesn't do anything at all.
    Only when I set Quality to LOWEST - there is no AA, but any other option - there is AA, even with unchecked tick box.

EDIT: Cleared the cache, verified the integrity and tried the safe mode - the issue remains.

EDIT №2: A workaround: adjust your graphics settings (Medium or Custom for example) -> open the C:\Users\account_name\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.27\settings\settings.json and manually edit "GraphicAntialiasType":"smaa", to "GraphicAntialiasType":"", and save the file.

EDIT №3: I should have posted that in the 0.27 Discussion Thread. :(

#4 Evolution, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice