A few months ago. whenever I was looking for sound sources for the An-12, the An-22 would appear many times on my timeline and sometimes I would just take a break and watch videos on it. Over time I started to become interested in the AN-22 and Soviet turboprops in general. I eventually just decided to try and make it from scratch and see howd far I go while playing a game of memory management on my laptop. There were so many new things I'd have to learn in order to make this mod possible, but I pushed through and look what came out of it. From what started as a small hobby and a NEED to change on how the An-12 works to my very own (mostly) scratch-made plane as its own mod Antonov AN-22 Interior Some stuff that are included: Lighting, both internally and externally Functional instruments Reverse thrust capabilities Cargo loads Liveries Trim / control surface offset Variable stall and overspeed values And-- oh yes, alarms And the stuff I'm interested about: The APU functions Constant speed variable pitch propellers Tug support (T-series with special hitch ) Customizable Registration Numbers via Beamng's license plate generation Basic Missile detection warnings GPWS (with weight accounted for) Cargo Bay Crane License Plate Generation Main Configurations Unpainted Base Factory Painted Base Factory Painted Jet Version Civilian Painted w 59T Crates Military Variant w 3 13T BMP-1 IFVs as a Cargo Option Now, if you're worried about needing to follow the official the instruction manual and spend an hour on how start this beast because I've added an APU to this, don't worry! You can remove it from the config and it'll bypass any requirements that need the APU Similarly, I've added a system to quickly start the engines so that you guys don't have to wait 5 minutes to get it up to speed every time you spawn in (as long as you have the default ignition state to Running) For quicker responsiveness from the engines, stay below 30% throttle as any throttle input below that value directly controls the pitch rather than the engine throttle, although this only works on the ground Also this aircraft has it's stall and overspeed tied to weight, you can see both shown as small red indexes on the speed indicator. You'll have to give the plane time to settle and let the scale properly calculate the weight in the cargo bay to accurately show the plane's stall speeds if there's anything within the cargo bay. Recalculations of the weight only take place once you're on the ground and stopped Controls Elevators S - Pitch up W - Pitch down Ailerons A - Roll left D - Roll right Rudders Z - Yaw left X - Yaw right Throttle = - Increase throttle minus - Decrease throttle Misc E - Reverse thrust G - Landing gear Q - Toggle engine assisted steering B - Wheeled brakes H - Extend flaps Y - Retract flaps F - Cargo doors More can be seen in the Controls tab Update Logs V1.01 - Fixed No Texture on inner clamshell reversers (legit just forgot the image as a whole) V1.02 - Some texture tuning - Adjusted terrain alarm to not be so sensitive and go off during landing - Alarms and alarm acknowledgement now stay working when cockpit is disconnected - Fixed the hydraulics motor from going full power when nothings happening - Some engine sound tuning V1.03 - Fixed a vehicle disabling error when removing the APU - Actually made everything function when APU was removed - Tweaked the weight scale, improving accuracy. Allowed more flexibility by giving it the ability to adjust in midair, although it still needs to recalibrate when on the ground with a load - Made the physical landing lights glow when turned on - and some other very small stuff V1.04 - Fixed the no texture on the default license plates on other vehicles V1.05 - Fixed engines not responding to individual throttle control - Tweaked the Military variant's description a bit V1.06 - Tuned the weight calibration again with the addition of a starting weight value in the tuning menu (meaning you can spawn in mid-air without needing to land to recalibrate the weight on the default configs) - Some slight instrument position adjustments - Slight texture changes to the civilian livery V1.07.1 - Made it so that the engines can produce wind that can interact with vehicles, can be enabled/disabled in the tuning section -experimental - Slight mesh editing 0.1 update: fixed the wind speed when on higher ground (like on italy's runway) V1.08 - Propellers now have blur - Fixed a small issue with the altimeter on the flight instrument mod V1.09 - Made the blur more smooth during startup - Fixed a game crashing issue V1.1 - Added a special new livery - Tuned the blur a bit more - Made the brakes a bit more powerful V1.11 - Figured out how to make the liveries feel more metallic/shiny, now it looks better - Fixed the rear wheels from aggressively shaking at higher speeds - Added an axis for nose wheel steering -Tuned the blur even further - More wheel tuning KNOWN ISSUES! At certain angles engines like the APU or other engines within vehicles have had their sounds being cut (or abruptly stopping) when near the plane. It's been an issue since I finished all 5 engines halfway through development and I'm still trying to figure it out The landing gear doors love to bounce all over the place after breaking off ALSO! SPAWNING ANOTHER ONE OF THIS PLANE NEXT TO EACH OTHER WITH THE PROPWASH FEATURE ENABLED WILL CONTINOUSLY DESTROY EACH OTHER DISABLE THE PROPWASH FEATURE ON EITHER ONE AND IT SHOULD BE FINE Before you report any issues make sure you have the latest version of this mod! Please contact me if any issues arise! Credits: Helijah for his An-22 mesh (modified), An-12 mesh (Taken assets), and IL-76 mesh (Taken assets) , An-22-link An-12-link IL-76-link 42manako for the BRM-1 / BMP Mesh BMP-link Stoat Muldoon for a little taken piece of their countermeasures lua to detect missiles; obviously modified to be more efficient. Although Im still trying to figure out how to create the countermeasures-- if its even possible And me for everything else
holy. friking. cr holy. freaking. crap. BROTHER! I LOVE IT!!!!! AN APU?!?!?! THATS A HUUUUUUUGE FIRST!
Holy moly this looks PEAK. I can't wait to place it side by side with the An-12 and possibly ram it into other planes because I did hear that this is a large aircraft. I do have some questions though: 1. How fast will this plane go? 2. How many detachable parts does it have? Is it 737 quality, an12 quality, b-25 quality? Overall, I like how big the wheels look and how unique the front section of the plane looks. Keep it up man, it will definitely be a day one download for me.
1. Right now the plane goes a little overspeed with 310~ MPH at ground and I might keep it that way 2. The wings are gonna be more like the An-12 while the fuselage is gonna be whole like the 737, while some other parts like the engines are gonna be a little different from any other plane
Now this is a major upgrade for the Beamng Air community. I have a few questions 1: will it have the same instruments? 2: will it have the same crash physics as the an 12 3: when can we expect the mod to be released?
1. If you mean compared to its real life counterpart, no. But it will have the necessary instruments 2. Its not going to be the same as the An-12 but it will have similarities to it 3. Im gonna say by the end of the year but like with any other forum like this I cannot say for sure when
Out of all the modifications I thought I was gonna add to this, a jet version was definitely not one of them Made them all in one night (also edited the post)
Damn so a jet version is coming? I do wonder how fast this one will be and if the jet engines will detach from the plane. Also, are these jet engines made from scratch or did you just remove the props and slapped the jet engines on and modified the plane?
I modified the engine mesh a bit but everything else is made from scratch. And dont worry it breaks exactly the same as the propeller version