Any other games in alpha?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by FurtiveJupiter, Aug 28, 2013.

1. FurtiveJupiter

FurtiveJupiter
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know any other good games in alpha right now? I just bought cube world, which is good, and beamng.drive. But are there any more?

2. nukezbomz

nukezbomz
    Expand Collapse

Some that I've been playing:

ArmA3 which is amazing - or was before my graphics card couldn't cope anymore!
    Kerbal Space Program - a sandbox space ship building game, what's not to like? :D
    rFactor 2 - A bit slow on updates, but has a very very good handling model, the feel of the cars is very good.

3. FurtiveJupiter

FurtiveJupiter
    Expand Collapse

I'll be sure to check out arma3 and the racing game! Iv checked out kerbal though! It's too expensive right now for me to buy): but I may or may not have downloaded it to try and it was pretty epic!!

4. Meral Harbes

Meral Harbes
    Expand Collapse

I would have named Kerbal Space Program and rFactor2 too.

Here are some others fantastic projects I follow:
    - Overgrowth (A (very) long time project from the guys behind the HumbleBundles)
    - Receiver (Free if you own Overgrowth | A must have for gun fanatic gamers)​
    - Volo (Please buy this awesome guy a coffee)
    - The GeneRally Rebuild
    - Tricky Truck
    - Achron (Real-time Strategy with semi-real-time time travel)

Another project that might be interesting for this community and was already mentioned in this forum is Spintires.

5. FurtiveJupiter

FurtiveJupiter
    Expand Collapse

I adore Spintires!! I wish they would do something like Drive as to having a paid alpha that entitles you to updates and the full game. I don't like just tech demos.

6. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

Assetto Corsa and pcars. Both are great on different points. In Assetto you got best simulation of driving and pcars is most beautiful racing game already.

@metal: volo is really interesting, thy for this tip

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

pcars is not longer selling alpha access in case you didnt know :/

8. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

#8 Masterjoc, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Could have gone with the official demo :p

I started playing kerbal some time just before they announced 5000 downloaders on the first demo release. Didn't have the opportunity to buy the paid updates until 0.15 or 0.16 were released so I did skip 0.14. Absolutely love it, was playing it today actually :p Operation: Solar Flare, mission failure :( Aka I tried to make a plane with only ion engines and fly to the island runway. Did get into full flight, but pitched the nose back too far and stalled it into the ocean. Hint: rover wheels or IBeams instead of plane wheels, they weigh less and at the speeds ion craft go are perfectly functional.

I have also put quite a few hours into prison architect.

10. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

Arma3 is still in Alpha? I thought the final release had been released....

11. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Space Engineers is on steam, build spacecrafts and crash them into deformable asteroids (now), mine ores to gather resources to produce parts to be able to build spacecrafts in the first place, then fight with weapons ranging from rocket turrets for ships to assault rifles for players (planed for future).

Common sense suggest that you might be able to dig custom tunnels into the deformable asteroids while gathering ores in later stages of the game. There is a three headed drill like you use while drilling for oil already in the itemslist, but its deactivated for now as its still wip content. Also the deformations caused by ships while crashing into asteroids look suspiciously similair to the surface structure of already existing tunnels in asteroids... maybe the devs digged around a little for testing or coffee pause? :D

did i mention gravity generators, gyroscopes and computer interfaces to toggle every single part that provides input options across the whole craft or station? :p

12. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one that got kinda bord of KSP. I didn't even beat it, in fact, I never even got out of Kerbin's little system. It's not like I quit out of frustration or anything, and I still think of it as fun when I think about it. IDK. Maybe I need to see a shrink or something

13. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I had a lot of fun playing KSP for a while, then realizing that I didn't have the patience to even attempt at leaving the solar system. Let alone build something that didn't need the infinite fuel cheat.

I have 3 times as much fun watching Robbaz play on his youtube series of it.

14. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Space Engineers is pretty much the only indie game I've been playing lately. They just added the ability for magnetic landing gear to attach/detach things :D This means you can make big missile launcher ships :D

15. wilder

wilder
    Expand Collapse

Space Engineers..... Great Game Cant wait for multilayer...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice