Any way to play on Mac?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Gamesnbb76, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Gamesnbb76

Gamesnbb76
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, was wondering if there was any way to port the game to a Mac, specifically an iMac. Brand new to the site so go easy on me!

2. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Native support, no.
    You may be able to get away with using a Windows emulator or something like BootCamp, but you're going to need a really powerful machine to pull that off and play Beam.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

Try Boot camp, there may eventually be native support. Who knows.

4. MASKED REPTILIAN

MASKED REPTILIAN
    Expand Collapse

5. ESuss

ESuss
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so I’m so beyond the times that the last time I was any good at computer games, well let’s say The internet wasn’t what it became in the late 90’s. However, I have a son, he’s 7, and has watched 100’s of BeamNG vids on YouTube (and I even sneak some when his mom says no more) So I am indeed a N00b, but I’d do anything for my son. So now, with way too many words already, I’ll state the situation..

I have a Mac and yes I realize it won’t play native, so I’ll do this through BootCamp, hopefully. I have a fairly high end MacBook Pro, of the highest end really, but it’s dated as it’s from 2012-13. Outside of graphics issues, I have 8g Ram, and its an 250g SSD, I have no idea what the processor is as my son is driving on it on cheesy driving simulator from the App Store, but if there’s anyone out there that can give an old fogey some tips about doing this, and you’re able to keep the laughing down to a minimum, I’d appreciate the help. I’d do anything for my little man, and frankly I’m realizing how much of tool I sound like posting this. Thanks for any and all help. -A loving father

6. MASKED REPTILIAN

MASKED REPTILIAN
    Expand Collapse

1st
    install Linux ubuntu

use google to help with that if you never done it

2nd
    when you are on linux you need to install the graphics drivers
    For NVidia graphics cards go to the NVidia driver web site.
    For ATI graphics cards go to the ATI driver web site.

3rd
    go to steam website and download and install
    https://store.steampowered.com/

4th
    download and install proton
    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton

5th
    buy beamng.drive (ws$ 66)
    it will download and install

6th
    play the game

7. ESuss

ESuss
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! I can’t and my son (who is bouncing around the room) can’t thank you enough... we will heed your advice and update you as to what the outcome is!

Sincerely,
    A very thankful two generations

• Like Like x 1
  8. ESuss

ESuss
    Expand Collapse

To’afa,
    I’m constantly complaining about the a$$holes on the internet, so frankly I’m humbled and grateful as well as changing my tone as to those on the other end of my internet connection. Thank you again!!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice