1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else think this forum is turning to S***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by destroyer8769, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to see the old posting rules come back and be enforced, I really enjoyed browsing these forums up until last summer(-ish); though I still do enjoy it to some extent (and probably do post too many screenshots, sorry). But unfortunately, the quality and legibility of newer user's posts has seriously gone downhill fast, not to mention the amount of profanity as of late (although I take more offence at the blatant lack of punctuation).

2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I think you might have misunderstood. I actually like the "this car looks like" posts. Call me crazy but it's kind of fun to try to trace the design influences that shaped a fictional car. It's the "STOP TALKING ABOUT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE" posts that are annoying.

3. King Honda

King Honda
    Expand Collapse

This forum kicks ass!

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

As I recall the current strain of 'spam spaz' was born when the forums were unleashed to
    the general public and we had the whole onslaught of hastily tweaked and downright offensive
    'russian' mods being foisted everywhere.

In the big picture and looking back on all that I think todays issues are the exact same thing
    and nothing more than another wave of activity that will settle itself without all the silly and
    draconian rules everyone comes up with.

Astute grammar Nazi's will notice my above paragraph is a superb run on sentence:D.

• Like Like x 2
  5. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

You have been here since Thursday, you dont know the good times

6. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

The thing that has really annoyed me like the last 2 weeks, is all of those advertising threads. I have reported like 10 of those in a short period of time. There must be something to stop those from popping up like 3 times a day.

7. NoShotz

NoShotz
    Expand Collapse

Even though I have only been here for almost a year, I have seen the post quality decrease since I joined the forums.

8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I have been on this forum for about 2 years and the posts have been quite bad its mainly the spam bots that need to be addressed but thats what I see

I did take I think take some of 2014 and most of 2015 off because of my own reasons and I kinda got a bit burned out of the game at the point because I was running inadequate hardware and I picked up posting again after I got my new computer and yeah the posts have been pretty crappy its the entire new thing with the new members being all so n00by they cant use the search feature yet...but I guess thats life...I suppose....

9. Cira

Cira
    Expand Collapse

The people agreeing with the ThreadStarter are most likely part of the problem. At least from my perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I'm thinking dat this forum should ban more people. Just look around the forum and you will see. Someone even post ads on this forums. This is makin' the post quality go downhill as fast as speeding down the Brutal Slopes

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I do notice that I haven't been coming here nearly as often. There are people I enjoy reading posts from on here, but why would I spend time here when there are other forums with older/mature people on them that actually contribute?

I love the game, but these forums will eventually become a RoR repeat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Did RoR fall to spam posts?

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I think it was bad moderation and shitty users. I left in like 2012 and rarely went back, so don't quote me on that.

EDIT: I think the roleplay thread is a good example of the kind of users that are popping up. It's a game for playing with cars and shit, not pretending you're old enough to drive daddy's car.

14. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Ah okay, I think this has been a better improvement although the spam posts are getting through....there has to be a way to block that...somehow...

15. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a "Unhelpful" button, and if someone gets a certain ratio of 'unhelpful' to 'posts or Thanks/Likes'. A Staff member will review them for ban etc.

• Like Like x 2
  16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

So you mean sort of like an alert system to possible bad posts and they go under review? seems possible...but someone would have to go through the thousands of posts...it would take a small army to do that...

17. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

You mean like Reddit ?

18. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I think one of the biggest issues we have regarding every senior member here "thinking the forum is turning to shite" is a fairly useless search tool. It's not that easy to get answers (for new comers) and albeit, adding the 'search titles' function was great but it's one of those things that are 'hiding in plain sight'.

My suggestion is make a tutorial on how to use the search function and absolutely, sticky it on the main page. Even better, if possible, require it to be read on it's own locked thread before any of the other forum locations are open to a user. It's simple, noninvasive, and should take like no more than five minutes.

In response to other topics discussed already, I really like the idea of having the infraction system here. This is a great forum, however, it is extremely free and easy to say anything despite language rules, etc. Yes, Nadeox and other mods here do their best to stop ridiculous posters but to what avail? It's basically telling a child "hey, stop doing that" without saying "hey, stop doing that, you're going to be punished if you keep doing that."

My thoughts.

• Like Like x 7
  19. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

I mean if a user get a very high ratio it alert the devs, so they won't be overwhelmed.

20. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

love guys, not hate ... ;)

• Like Like x 13
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice