[ARCHIVED] CRD Monster Truck Development Thread

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by Deleted member 160369, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydoomfest56

mydoomfest56
    Expand Collapse

on the respitory, what happen to the bkts ?

2. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

If I may ask, @Olrosse may you please make my GDTL breakable? Its the only body that i brought into beamng.

3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

They are unbranded. Trademarks are not allowed on the repository.

You can get the first addon pack including classic textures to restore all brand logos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Max8Adam

Max8Adam
    Expand Collapse

what about this mod. If I have this one and the one on the forums, will both work?

5. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

The one on the mods section is the updated version of the one on here. I would suggest using the one from the mods section from now on :)

6. Max8Adam

Max8Adam
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so then could I have both trucks running at the same time?

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You could rename the RC8 archive... or wait for the Body Pack, that will bring the mod back in line (more or less) with the group version in terms of content.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mydoomfest56

mydoomfest56
    Expand Collapse

:)

9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Thread locked for now.

You can discuss this resource in its own thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Asked synsol to remove the mod from the repository.

Private development is a much better prospect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

:(
    --- Post updated ---
    it started out so well...

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Your call. I'm fine either way, but I don't think a few people should spoil it for the many.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It's hopeless.

I can't shake off the feeling that the intent of this is simply to sabotage the mod whenever it's getting a little bit of attention.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. AaronL

AaronL
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to assume this is directed at me since I seem to be the one that caused this problem.

My intent was never to sabotage the mod. I like the truck, I think it's great that there is a truck this good for BeamNG, but I also think there are some problems. My only goal was to bring up the problems that I saw occurring, I never wanted any of this mess to happen. The only reason I waited until this point to make a bigger deal of the problems is because the repository release is a much bigger deal then any private group release, so I just felt like people deserved more credit than they got.

16. NavySonicShl

NavySonicShl
    Expand Collapse

I assure you I've been a part of the RoR Monster truck community since Box5 first started work on his original RoR pack, before any league or separate site had formed. It's been about 6 years and I've talked to tons of people, and I can't think of a single one who would actually want to sabotage what you're doing.

I seriously appreciate the effort that you have put into this pack regardless of anything that happens. You've done a great job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Well you shouldn't have waited. Your whole point lost much of its credibility the very moment you chose to complain on Discord two days after release, instead of voicing your concerns WITH ME in a timely manner... when something could have still been done beforehand to avoid this mess.

Besides: "people deserved more credit". Like, who?

People who are still mentioned in the notes for the original release? By listing new features and changes only in the notes, authorship over things that didn't change is sort of given. Especially when there's a direct link pointing at the original release notes...

People who got an explicit mention in the game files, like we seemed to have agreed upon all along? Fine. So, well, Double-D may be missing, but his paint scheme is not included anymore. All is left in the repo release is a paint scheme by acapaldi. I see no problem here. All this fuss about nothing...

Artists that worked on content that wasn't even included in the repository release? You know, do you, that no paint schemes from Sim-Monsters.com are included in the repository release?

Anyway, the mod is being taken down soon. So whatever the intent, this is what you caused.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

This does seem to happen every major release with the CRD anytime it gets a moment of popularity. 2.0, 3.0, Repo. At first I couldn't believe it, but now it's mildly entertaining. This mod comes and goes, like the ebb of the tide because of it :p

I agree credit should be given, when credit is due(and it certainly was imo). I also understand that sometimes it may be accidentally omitted, especially when working with a large number of contributors. But all it takes is a friendly message saying "hey bro, you forgot me" and surely it would be added promptly, and F2YS would have felt really bad about forgetting.
    I am really sorry you felt this way. To me it seemed that proper credits were issued, and I know a great attempt was made to assure this.

Anyways... this is why I ditched working on the bronco, the mud truck, the destructible mobile home, the jeep cherokee, the delorean, ect ect. All of my other mods are done to in-game content now. Perhaps it's time I ditch the CRD too... This drama is not really my style.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. AaronL

AaronL
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I get it, I ruined the mod for everyone.
    But honestly, I used my comments to represent the people of Sim-Monsters who I felt didn't get the proper credit. As important as I may think I am, you really don't have to listen to me. You could have easily just let my comment get lost in the sea of actually useful comments. One person should never be able to derail and entire project. If I rebelled against the U.S Government right now, Mr Trump would not resign as president. If I went to McDonalds and said that their food is bad for your health, they wouldn't shut down all operations tonight. Interpret my comments on here and on Discord any way you want, but I don't think it should have escalated to this point. I'm not saying I wasn't the main problem, but things could definitely have been handled differently.

20. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

take it up privately with f2ys. you've given yourself a bad rep. not sure even here you're safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice