1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Audio Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 9, 2017.

1. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

or remove the doors.

2. Brownzy03

Brownzy03
    Expand Collapse

One thing I noticed is that there isn't any blinker sounds yet, will that be added in the future?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. naguluna

naguluna
    Expand Collapse

The sounds are awesome, even better than i expected them to be! The only thing that sounds a little bit off is that when you have a restrictive muffler the engine noise decreases but you still can hear the air coming out the tailpipe

somewhat like this:

#23 naguluna, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Timerider

Timerider
    Expand Collapse

Any plans on using Steam Audio when it's released for FMOD? Or using Nvidia's VRWorks Audio?

• Like Like x 1
  5. MeatMystery

MeatMystery
    Expand Collapse

I'm loving the update, but in my opinion the crashing and tire skid sounds are way too loud, and the tire skid sound is a step back from the previous sound. I am otherwise pleased with the update and am confident any little foibles will be worked out in future updates

#25 MeatMystery, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

The old V8's sound amazing!

7. Josef733

Josef733
    Expand Collapse

Um, the cars sound great.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

the hopper sounds like a sports car when it should sound like this

the D-series sounds like a sports car when it should sound like this

the T-series sounds like a 1940s movie
    the sunburst sounds like a honda when it should sound like a Boxer engine
    the Covet sounds like a rally car when it isn't

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

but it doesn't have a boxer engine

• Agree Agree x 12
  10. InternetEveryDay

InternetEveryDay
    Expand Collapse

The crash sounds from the inside are too quiet, and the crash sounds from the outside (compared to the engine sounds) are too loud. That being said, I think that there should be an option to increase the volume of either the engine sounds or the crash sounds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

I really like the reverb when you go inside a tunnel! Very nicely done!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TopKick

TopKick
    Expand Collapse

<WARNING VERY LONG RANT>
    Well because everyone is complaining about the crash sound and tire sounds I won't complain about them, instead I'll complain about other things. A lot of sounds are too high pitched or too low pitched. IE: Pickup trucks shouldn't sound like sports cars and sports car shouldn't sound like pickup trucks. Also I find that some engines become far too quiet at idle, and I suppose you could argue that they just have really nice quiet exhausts but that doesn't seem to fit the bill for most cars. And now for suggestions! When you damage your engine the sounds should change (grinding, and knocking sounds). Um... more variety in sounds and possibly different exhaust styles for different sounds. Now for what I like about this update! You have no idea how much storage space on my computer I've filled with sound packs and such, and the time it took to amass such a collection. Not to forget the hours I've spent combining and swapping separate sounds trying to add realism to the game and avoid the old sounds that this game contained. So I thank you, devs, for giving this game the sounds it so direly needed and deserved. And on a side note, maybe you could widen the large utility trailer just a bit so I can fit vehicles other than the Covet, Pigeon, Hopper, and the Miramar into it. Also, I feel this should be mentioned, the piano was a much needed aspect of this game, and I'm not sure how we lived without it.
    (Also I'm sorry that I just wrote a whole frickin essay on what I think about this update :D)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Having different sounds per car and even per engine is awesome and definitely a great improvement so I thank you guys for that. I do agree with some others though that some of the sounds are a little off, especially the I6 in the Hopper and the diesel in the T-series. And in general most of the cars have pretty aggressive sounds that make them sound like they have an aftermarket exhaust. It sounds great on the V8s but it makes some of the economy cars sound pretty ricey. All things I expect will be improved upon later though because as you said they are a WIP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Personally I am loving the new sounds you guys have utilized fmod with the directional output and the quality I can tell. I've tested a number of cars but I have to say you guys nailed the moonhawk. A lot of people are criticizing the sounds but we have to remember that these sounds will be modifiable so if you have the skill with fmod you can create some superb stuff, just look at what has just been achieved, and its only gonna get better and improved from here on out. Absolutely fantastic job devs!

15. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad we aren't stuck with the classic pick up sound, love the Bolide's sound, it's exactly what I wanted the car to sound like

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Just tried it out and I think the Bolide just became my favorite car, it sounds so primal now like a beast

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

First of all, I want to say that having new sounds is a plus.

Now, to my criticism. I haven't heard all of the new engine sounds yet, but so far the ones I've heard sounds good. I think one of the best ones is the Bolide. I do miss the old Covet sound, but the new one does sound nice.

I think what has really impressed me so far is the fact that when using the onboard driver/dash camera, the outside sounds are altered.

The only thing that didn't really sit down with me is the T-Series. While I do like the sound it was given, I just don't think it fully fits with the T-Series.

I think the T-Series should sound more like this. Of course this is just my opinion.

Overall, these new sounds are working well so far.

18. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

I think Gabe or someone said that the T-series sound is still the placeholder.

OT: Has anyone heard the K-series yet? It sounds great, and crashes better than before as well. Maybe it will stop being neglected.

19. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

gabe hasn't posted anything since April.

20. GT3TobyRS

GT3TobyRS
    Expand Collapse

OK I'll be honest here. The engine sounds newly added in this update are great, but the old ones were better. And the skid noises are terrible. Bring back the old ones! please? And the crash sounds are too quiet compared to the other sounds. Also fire noises are unhearable. On some cars like the burnside special I see you have kept the old engine sounds BUT they are WAY too quiet. I personally think this update was not worth it. Please take this into account and fix this!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice