Aussie Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Jun 13, 2014.

1. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Yes Omg yes!!! About time a Tread like this was made.

My 2004 ba xt falcon. Just had a service. Runs like new And i love it. ( Like any ford even inports LOL i.e mustang )

Also saw a old valiant

I think its a real shame to see Aussie cars die soon. But At least we are getting mustang and Ranger. And other ford cars.

As for holden ( Am a huge ford fan ) I love the pre 79 holdens. I.E 48-215 (fx ) All the way too wb. The commodore am not a fan to be honnest. But i if i have to chose some i like. Vr-Vt--Ve The vf ewwwww And gets recalled alot.

Toyotas Camry built hear in au. They are good cars for f.w.d But Meh

P.S sorry for bad spelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Monaro with VT Commodore Parts. Just wow. It looks like 100 grand. After i get all the fords i want( theirs shit loads i want LOL ) I need one of Those:cool:

Attached Files:

• IMG_0673.JPG
    • IMG_0676.JPG
    • IMG_0669.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

I just remembered that I have pics of our old Heron White VX Lumina, those old cast iron block engines did the job, although when we were a few weeks away from selling it and we took it through one of those Coles Express Carwashes and it fucking ripped up the spoiler, we got it fixed and it looked just like new but as Coles puts on the instructions, they claim they aren't responsible even though it's their bloody machine. Ah well, was a great car but we needed something fuel efficient so we got a Camry.

3. Laxis88

Laxis88
    Expand Collapse

FPV recently released the GT F for the fans and employees of FPV and Ford. Thanks for including me in your post haha ;)

This video is nice to watch.

#23 Laxis88, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Nah this was a sedan. Still a awesome find

5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Love the VT-VX models, I have a VT wagon myself

6. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Just thought I'd bring up VL's, you know, cause I'm a fan.
    post-225239-13090501801057071744.jpg
    What'd you guys reckon? I know they're a bit of a P-plater go to, but overall I think they're beaut!

7. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

VZ Commodore police car under the name Chevrolet Lumina in Saudi Arabia
    2004-2006_Chevrolet_Lumina_(Dubai_Police_Force)_01.jpg
    And a VT Commodore under the Chevrolet Lumina name aswell, how weird does this look?
    59187d1233828662-my-chevy-lumina-2001-04022009709.jpg and a VZ 59187d1233828662-my-chevy-lumina-2001-040220097092.jpg

8. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

I hate it when GM distributes Australian Designs over the world under different brands.
    It's taking away holden fan's pride away. (-.- )

9. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

IMO the VL was the last good Commodore until the VT was released in 1998, then they stayed good.

- - - Updated - - -

Heres a page for you guys: https://www.facebook.com/holdenisaustralian?ref=ts&fref=ts
    They have posted some photos from America where Pontiac G8 owners have converted them back to Commodores

10. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Tribute to the Commy

#31 HadACoolName, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Its a vauxhall VXR8 here. Specifically the 2007 to 2009 models were the holden special vehicles clubsport with the GM LS2 6.0 v8, then the 2010-present vehicles are HSV GTS with the GM LS3 6.2 litre v8, then there is the bathurst edition with a supercharger added. I think in the UK they are manual only which is good because nobody with any self respect gets an auto tranny in what is essentially a muscle car disguised as a sedan.
    The VXR8, not a car I would ever own simply due to my huge disdain of General Motors (gah GM crap), besides that its a decent enough vehicle. It is an absolute insult to sell it under vauxhall branding though, GM also use the chevrolet name in the UK and I honestly think it would have been more fitting under that name than vauxhall. Then again, I guess GM needed to make sure vauxhall have 1 vehicle which isn't absolutely fucking terrible (because the entire rest of the lineup is). Also there are simply other cars I'd rather have for that money, but still, muscle car in such a good disguise that you could do the school run in it :p

13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I will admit, I find something strangely alluring about the Vauxhall Zafira (Sold as Holden Zafira here). We only got the 1999-2003 model.

Back to Aussie cars
    Holden Efijy Concept and Holden Hurricane Concept
    1959488_511840035582991_7175728943782261908_n.jpg 17-holden-hurricane-concept.jpg

14. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

71 HQ Holden Monaro(neighbours car) :D My favourite series of Holden
    SAM_0440.JPG SAM_0452.JPG

15. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I sell Chevrolet here in America, and we obviously get the VF Commodore as the Chevrolet SS. Bad Ass Car. Love to drive it, I only sold about 1 in 9 months, GM isn't doing ANY marketing besides the car show and Stock photos. No one knows what it is. Some 32 year old dude asked me "What is that Malibu SS over there? Looks kinda cool! I shook my head. If only he knew. It is a really nice car, and only a couple thousand USD more than a loaded Impala, which is plagued with FWD and the 3.6L V6 from the Camaro (only good part about the car) Those don't sell very well either.

Back to Aussie cars, I always had a thing for the FPV and HSV cars, like in Gran Turismo and Forza, they are always the best sleeper cars online in multiplayer. I yearn to go to Australia once in my lifetime. Stuck in NY paying incredibly high taxes and shitty jobs, it's hard to make a move ANYWHERE. even down south where life is just better quality.

16. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

If you get someone looking at the Impala or any other sedan, try and show them the SS and explain it too them. Could get more sales.

17. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Tell them its how rare it is and how it's gonna get a lot more rare after 2017.

...well that or take them for a test drive they can't say no then ;)

18. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

thing is, we only have 2 ( one of them got KEYED overnight recently!! ) so the one that we have currently we are not test driving, so to keep mileage down...we have a 2011 Camaro still for sale that has over 400 miles on it, that no one wants because it is high mileage (obviously beaten on). Also the fact that this beast gets a measly 18 MPG on the highway turns a lot of prospective buyers off. Only one person actually came in looking for one, and he wanted the race red...we only have heron white. and the silver, both white and silver look bland. our other location has black and red, they both have pending deals, however they most likely will fall through, since these people are finding it exceptionally hard to obtain financing. I want one for my wedding gift when I marry my husband. his boss might buy us one :) (crosses fingers)...***id make commission on that puppy*** (not very much markup but still maybe 400-700 bucks)

19. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Ah I see well that sucks that no one wants them because they are fantastic cars in my opinion and people are idiots when the key peoples cars or dealers cars no doubt just someone that couldn't get afford it and was angry :/. Also congrats on the engagement and fingers crossed on that gift haha.

20. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I know, thanks!! need that car in my life...my mazda is great, but it is simply no VF (that's also how I refer to it, I don't call it the SS unless its a customer)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice