Solved Author Info

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Aaron_the_Hare, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

In the info.json file I put in my steam name as the author. I also put it in the .jbeam file but in game it shows the author as BeamNG Drive Official. The file path for my mod is Programfilesx86>Steam>Steamapps>Common>BeamNGDrive>Content>Vehicles Please help! I will attach the info.json and .jbeam file when I get home if that is any help. Thanks, Aaron

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Never install mods to your main game folder!
    Ust the documents>beamng>mods folder instead.

3. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

I put it there and now it says its a mod! Thank you but also how do I add myself as the author and how do I add a description? Thanks, Aaron @Ai'Torror

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It is all done by the .json files.
    look at any of the official configs and their .json files and basically replicate that.
    You need to remember that the .json file name needs to start with "info_"

5. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean by info_? My info file is named info.json. Is that what you mean? My info file says this:

{
    "Name":"Cardboard Box",
    "Author":"Aaron_the_Hare",
    "Type":"Prop"
    }

@Ai'Torror

6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

That's the jbeam file, but you need a configuration to load your prop. The .json file is the information file for that config.

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

okay so let me explain it differently...
    To make a config work properly you will need a few files made simmilarly to those in the attachment.

So let me explain it this way too.

1. Your config isn't allowed to use spaces, so call it let's say my_config. Your config is stored in .pc file, so your pc file is going to be called my_config.pc
    2. Thumbnails are a good Idea, so if you have the config use the in game app to generate them and put them into your mod folder along with the config.
    3. then you will need the file which contains the description and all of the mod info.
    so create a new .txt file. Rename it to info_my_config and change the file format to .json, so you will end up with info_my_config.json file...
    4.Once you've created the file fill it in the simmilarly to the in game configs. "configuration" is basically your config name which is going to be shown on the main page.

Attached Files:

8. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

I
    I'm making my first mod is a prop so I don't know what the config would be. Also I don't know where to put these files. You said to look at other tutorials or threads and look at official mods. So would I create a folder called mod_info that would be next to vehicles in the .zip? I have no idea what to do. I also see that they have a certain numbered folder inside that one. What numbers would i use? I'm looking at the microwave mod. Also I don't know where the .pc file is located in it and where to put it and what to put in it. Also the microwave prop does not have a config. Sorry for being so dumb. @Ai'Torror Also @BombBoy4 that's my .json file with the rest of the files. It's not my JBeam. Also my vehicle is fine in game right now. It loads fine.

9. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Could you send me your mod files in Private messege so I can take a look at it and see exactly that you have to do?

10. Aaron_the_Hare

Aaron_the_Hare
    Expand Collapse

@Ai'Torror I think I started a private conversation. See if I did plz

11. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes, you did :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice