1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Autobello Piccolina

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Oct 3, 2018.

1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

That's why I mentioned them both. Even if it's vague, it's still there somewhat.

I've already taken note of that.

Originally I was referring to this particular indicator design on the Beetle, but then I found one image of a 600 that had a similar one. Almost all of the images I've seen of 600s don't have this kind of indicator.

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

They were used till 1959, as a single unit.

Post-1959, to comply with the new regulations, the 600 adopted:

- Separate, amber blinkers in the fenders.
    - Front, white blinkers with incorporated position lights in the nose.

Meanwhile, european Beetles kept using the same teardrop unit, but VW had to include the side blinker in the same assembly for those market that required separate side blinkers (see attachment, front section is white and side portion is amber).

Autobello has no side blinkers at all... and double front blinkers... :confused:

Attached Files:

• teardrop_euro.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a v4 engine for the future models?
    Just like zaz

4. TheBlackWoodpecker

TheBlackWoodpecker
    Expand Collapse

Just a little pic comparison
    Beetle, Piccolino and Fiat 600. Mod: Beetle by 53_herbie_53.
    vw.png vwrear.png

snipygh.png pcrear.png

fiat-600-1958-1.jpg rear.png

• Like Like x 6
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, for me it just is amazing how developers have managed to make blend of both classic models, almost like making two models, then using morphing to get something between, except result is even better :)

Also why Italy had/has to be different from rest of Europe? :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Or Beamverse Italy decided to only require amber blinkers, and Autobello phased the whiteness out completely. Or the regulations changed a few years earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It's not just Italy, each country had its own rules. They were mostly coincident, with some notable exceptions.

Europe was not (still isn't) like the US, widespread acceptance of common legislations only came to fruition in the '70s.
    --- Post updated ---
    Fine with me. Still, Autobello has no side blinkers and duplicate front blinkers, whichever the color required by the law... :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is export model to Germany and other European countries :D :D :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Most european countries had the same rules for blinkers. Some countries like Scandinavian states had specific rules, in some countries side blinkers became mandatory only later, in some countries front blinkers had to be amber instead of white... But that's not the core issue here: duplicate blinkers - both fender mounted and secondary lights in the nose are front blinkers here - don't make much sense...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

It could be equipped with trafficators...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

They could be parking lights and not indicators at all, white blinkers I don't remember seeing so much, so maybe dev team did not intend those white to be blinkers at all, but parking lights, prehistoric DRL.

Surely we know this with time when we hit n key on our keyboards to see how they are set up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    Parking light should be outside ones since they are supposed to show the outer line of the car

Just like on this Skoda 1102.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Separate parking lights - which, mind you, many european cars don't have, even today. On an economy, post-war car. No.

Position/parking lights is the exact reason why white blinkers were so common at the time: most manufacturers could merge position lights and blinker in one single emitter, a cost effective solution FIAT adopted on both the 500 and the 600 until white blinkers were outlawed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it was really rare.

UK spec 50's Citroen had something that looks like 4 forward facing blinkers, but amber / white are different locations in that too. Then there is always possibility Beamverse is not exactly 1:1 matching to real world legislation, but having more artist freedom.

15. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how it was in Italy but in Czech Republic (then Czechoslovakia) it was standard that on many cars only indicators that could be seen from the front were trafficators

only in 1955 it became mandatory for cars to have indicators.

Pre-1954 Skoda 1200 note the absence of front indicators and parking lights.

Post-1954 Skoda 1201 with front indicators note the absence of trafficators.

#215 EozCompanyCZ, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

These were parking lights. :p

They were separate, on a luxury car it made perfect sense. Somehow I can't see a newly-established manufacturer trying to cater to post-war empoverished masses bothering about secondary equipment that would only increase manufacturing costs and the final street price of the vehicle. Passenger side mirror too shall be removed for consistency, at the time most economy cars this size didn't even come with the driver side one...

And "artist freedom" sounds more like a way to justify what looks like an error to me...
    --- Post updated ---
    Same, mechanical indicators were outlawed in 1958 in Italy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

They were outlawed in 1954 in Czechoslovakia and all cars that were made before that date were retrofitted with them

Like this Tatra 12

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

also, you cant forget that the beetle shared the floorpan, engine, with the bus, thing, karman ghia, etc in fact, just yesterday, I went to a vw graveyard. 20181006_162457.jpg 20181006_162501.jpg

Attached Files:

• 20181006_162725.jpg
    #218 Cutlass, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Autobello is confirmed to be a unibody design.

20. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice