1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Autobello Piccolina

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Oct 3, 2018.

1. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Great to see the communities input actually makes a difference!

There is nothing better than game devs who actually listen :D

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

we need a paint design like this.

3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Rally, police, tuned, raced variants would be cool :rolleyes:

4. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Talking about expectations, I am expecting an engine between 800 and 900 cc to sit between the 600 and Beetle, as well as a Baja Bug/Folkrace-style prerunner version.

5. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Right, the concept was exactly this, but after tests it start to be clear that 900cc engine is sooooo! boring even for basic version of Piccolina. So engine displacement will be slightly bigger.

About included versions, I hope you won't be disappointed.:)

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Do you mean that I won't be disappointed at all, or that only hope is left for me being content with no offroader?
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, for my upcoming Italian car pack I have the Autobello R2-4S (Porsche 924 + Fiat X1/9) and Autobello Ovvia (Fiat Panda Mk1 + VW Polo Mk2), as well as ideas of making a 2000s minivan (Fiat Idea + VW Touran Mk1) and a 2010s crossover (Fiat 500X + VW Tiguan + VW T-Roc).

7. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Well, seeing as it was built from 1957 to 1973 as you guys stated, you could theoretically do both... most cars like this experienced engine upgrades over the years of production whether it was from technological developments with fuel and air delivery or combustion efficiency, manufacturing techniques that allowed for the use of stronger or lighter materials, or ,the easiest one, just boring out the cylinders or stroking the engine to increase displacement.

Just a for instance, the Beetle increased over its run from 1100cc's to 1600cc's. Thats a 45% increase in displacement.
    The Fiat 500 also found an increase in engine size from 479cc's to 594cc's which gives it a smaller increase of 19% (30% if we include the Abarth)
    Finally, the 2CV had an engine size increase from 375cc's to 602cc's which is about a 30% increase. (55% if we include the Sahara... but that has 2 engines so that's kinda cheating)

Anyways, my point is is that multiple displacement (and thus power/torque) engines in this vehicle with even the same engine block would be totally normal with older models trending toward the smaller engines (whether they were higher models or not) and newer models trending towards larger engines.

Edit: My brain is mush today... you said you didn't include them because of drivability as they would be boring. Honestly, I don't think you should let that stop you... yes it's a game, but upgrades seem to eventually be playing a rather large roll in this game down the road... so if its boring, then you could even engine swap a lesser model to a larger stock engine... that is actually a really common thing to do with Beetles just to make the cars more livable. (well... it was until the old original ones started to become valuable... my Grandfather actually did exactly that... twice ;))

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Considering the fact that most people on the forums are probably middle school up through college undergrads, that is a very dangerous statement. I, for example, wish to see something like that Fiat monster truck I posted a couple pages back :p

Autobello Piccolina

9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Calling dibs on that as a mod... :p

• Like Like x 4
  10. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I hope @Falkrum will post some teasers :rolleyes: he has been very active latley.

11. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Well, making monster track, or van, or plane is not an improvement that I was talking about. We have vision of versions of the car that worth production time to be included into the game. For example making wagon for that type of car is time consuming but not worth it at all because that time could be spend for making entirely new car, even next Autobello model.:rolleyes:

The information was about smallest engine displacement that we have in line.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Is the smallest gonna be about a litre?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

A litre is kinda big for a mass-motorization vehicle of the time, IMO... Especially one called "Piccolina".

Though I suspect the car in game to be roughly the same size of the Beetle, so not really "piccolina" by the standards of the time...

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Would that include MPVs and other kinds of modern vehicles? Something BeamNG's been missing for a while?

With everything I've seen, it looks like the work on the Piccolina is wonderful, and I'm sure it'll be a car I'll enjoy.

So it won't end at the Piccolina? We'll be seeing another Autobello in the future? If that's the case, I'd hope to see another Civetta as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Of course that means things like MPVs. The devs are probably going to finish their promised vehicles before a MPV like that comes out.

And why would it stop at the Piccolina? Company executives were like "lel autobello is over now no more cars"?

#255 ¿Carbohydration?, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  16. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

You got what I meant right?

17. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You asked if in the future another Autobello was coming out.

I said yes, of course.

Don't really see what I interpreted wrong here? o_O

18. TheOilDerrick

TheOilDerrick
    Expand Collapse

How did I not notice this? Fantastic little car! I thought it was going to be a Beetle from that screenshot with the "AB" badge, if I'm being honest. I'd love to see a plasticky 1980s Yugoslavian version.

Still waiting for the Wendover, though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The Fića wasn't an 80s car, only a 50s one extended into the 80s.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I know... I was just putting that out there... I am kinda weird and like heavily underpowered cars a lot.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice