1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Autobello Piccolina

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Oct 3, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Speed limits did evolve with time, they were not perceived as necessary at early times, same way seat-belts and mirrors were not seen as required items.

Some EU nations got maximum speed for roads as late as 70's, before that there was freedom to choose speeds.

So I'm not sure at which point Italy got their speed limits, was it 40's or 50's, or maybe even earlier than that?

BeamNG world is not same as our living world though, they don't need to make content to be accurate to living world history, but to game world history. As long as content is similar to each other, then it is realistic and fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Game world history so far has been pretty consistent with living world history, and that's been the most fascinating part of vehicle creation all along, to see their take on real world themes and facts.

To invent fictional brands and places is one thing, "who cares about consistency, parallel universe yay!" is another. By this reasoning, they don't need to follow any rule, laws of physics included, because Beamverse might be on another planet for all we know. They should also come with similarly fictional map locations because, say, Italy just resembles living world Italy but it's no replica of any actual italian place... Or, they could as well put an aztec village in the middle of a jungle patch somewhere in the Italy map, because, hey, it's Beamverse, not the real world...

EDIT - Typos

#642 Deleted member 160369, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Missed this.

- Germany at the time was the only country to allow amber blinkers in the front, anywhere else they were white to allow the same unit to serve as parking light. German legislation on the matter was later extended to all EU countries when comunitary, uniformed regulations were later introduced in the '70s.
    - Oval licence plates (and plateholders) were only in use in Germany for german-registered export vehicles (Zollkennzeichen), up to the early '80s:

Why would they choose to introduce an italian vehicle together with the new Italy map... in german spec is beyond me...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

1955-1969 Fiat 600 in Italy. Note amber blinkers on sides, rear.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Note the white front blinkers. Side blinkers only became mandatory in the early '60s, amber everywhere.

Note that Piccolina has both fender mounted front blinkers and another pair of white front blinkers, without any side blinkers. That alone is a mistake, it's either fender-mounted "gems" or front units, never both:

Fender gems (early models):

Body-mounted front blinkers (D series models):

Piccolina has both (and german-spec gems, no less!), which makes zero sense...

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

And that is not the first time the devs have been so inconsistent.

Examples that come to my mind is the Moonhawk not having a catalytic converter (federally mandated since 1975) and having only a 378 ci V8 (70s midsizers usually had low-300s, mid-300s, ~400 and mid-400s ci V8s), the Pigeon being built to modern, not 1982,kei car regulations, and the 90s Gavril V8s having unrealistically low torque.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

omg splitting hairs on freaking blinker colors, the car ranges in year quite a bit, wait for it to come out and then yall can debate the importance of such a tiny detail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

In no year such a blinker layout would make sense for reasons stated above. Car depicted in first pics is also clearly an early model - no side blinkers, suicide doors - so it's quite easy to place it in a timeline.

I also find it kinda irritating when legit observations about consistency are dismissed as "tiny detail" or "splitting hair" arguments. So, if this kind of things are useless, discussing the body style classification is pointless, what's the damn point of this whole thread? "Yay me likez" posts, pickle jokes and palette swap spam?

• Agree Agree x 12
  9. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

eh something this insignificant doesnt bother me, i mean you have to cut the devs some slack, if they were gonna replicate everything historically speaking down to every last molecule, then they would have legit licensed cars in game. its not a real car, so it shouldnt have to follow "on july 17th in 1956 the law in Italy was amended to allow such and such blah blah blinkers" thats just to much "hair splitting".

10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It bothers me.

Providing feedback and criticism gives the devs the chance to address issues, even ones you might not care about. That's the only thing that should happen in this thread, instead of some fanboyish blind defense to anything devs show you.

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

well to each their own, i dont DISAGREE with you on your factual statements and observations, but seriously give it a rest, the car isnt even out yet. All this speculation, and you dont know if they have all the variants put together already with all the different light combinations. It's just like, 2 pages of comments going back and fourth about something so utterly insignificant is a bit over the top. But I can completely understand your reason to point it out, the blinkers being historically incorrect...but that goes back to the car being an original car. Theres all sorts of "errors" with other cars, for example the ratio of tail light to body, or amber/red lights being where they arent supposed to be...theres only so much the devs can do to appease everyone without hurting someones feelings over something as small as a 2 inch light lens.

12. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I have to say I agree with @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL . It's a small detail but in a game that prides itself on attention to detail it's still worth the discussion. Not to mention discussing actual car history is far more interesting than watching one hundred thousand children beg for a drift version with a pickle rick skin.
    There is also the matter of what timeline BeamNG is supposed to be set in. It could be possible that the devs have imagined an alternative italy - altaly, if you will - where one blinker regulation changed the course of human civilization forever.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

First thing first, it's not just blinkers. There's a whole bunch of other elements I've been pointing out, blinkers being probably the smallest one.

It would also help if people weren't grasping at straws trying to justify anything, while most of the time they know nothing about history and regulations. Heck, some people here don't even know the difference between front and side blinkers, yet they fueled this "back and forth" with misinformed counter arguments...

It's really that simple: if you don't know what you're talking about, just don't say anything. No back and forth will ensue, and my comments would have just been perfectly reasonable and legit suggestions for the devs to improve their product. People don't really need to comment everything and contradict someone to make their day, you know.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

These issues aren’t “original car design” issues though; these are “period correct laws for vehicles to be street legal” issues. There’s a number of similar issues, as pointed out a couple posts above. It really is annoying to see a game pride itself in physics accuracy but repeatedly have cars that historically just shouldn’t exist.

Kinda off topic and not serious: As an American who would have to jump through a stupid amount of hoops to import a car less than 25 years old, I would love to try out that last line of your post on the DMV.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

@allpeopletalkingabouthesmalldetails

if a ton of small details are wrong, the game overall will be bad. if a ton of small details are perfect, you may not even notice it, but the game will be just that bit better in an indescribable way (From my experience). it's all in the details!

also either way this game is designed to be the most realistic vehicle simulator possible, so splitting skulls over simple details like this is a necessity.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

huh boy, arguing about blinker colors, of all things... does it really matter though? Is your experience with this car going to be ruined because the name isn't translated perfectly, or a blinker is the wrong color? Probably not. Details are important and all, but this...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

thats what I was saying. Let it come out first, at least, before all the nit picking. Its not out, meaning its not done. Why waste all this time and energy lol

18. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

If it's so small, it should be an easy fix, so why not complain?

19. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

because it's annoying looking at all of your butthurt posts whining about turn signals.

20. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

And it's annoying looking at miscoloured lights on a car with an oversized engine.

• Agree Agree x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice