1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Autobello Piccolina

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Really? :rolleyes:

So, they went for such an expensive solution for an economy car (separate position lights!)… and then… the other car with amber side blinkers has no front blinkers at all? Okay...

For the records, this would have been the natural progression of blinkers. It was that easy, and it would have been sensible and accurate, without much effort:

Attached Files:

• Fiat600_1.jpg
    • Fiat600_2.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Yeah.

If the devs want to let their imagination loose so much, they should simply have put the game in an all-fictional historical context, or at least do it with whatever succeeds Beam.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I know this was already addressed but I still feel the need to say; they did say “in 0.15” as a YouTube comment on the Piccolina trailer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

please for the love of god just calm down about the freaking lights HOLY JESUS CHRIST its REALLY ANNOYING to see such hard headedness...everything doesnt have to be an argument. The devs already said they are not trying to replicate EVERY SINGLE REALISTIC THING. Can you please just stop the bullshit, its like you are starved for attention for crying out loud /rant

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. teetee599

teetee599
    Expand Collapse

so excited for itality and the piccolina. but I wont be able to play it cause I got in trouble for a year

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

If you think that our goal is to have a perfect real world replica of everything you unfortunately misunderstood our goals.
    We often change aspects here and there either due to gameplay reasons or just because we like it more than some other alternative.
    And one thing should be obvious, our focus is on driving physics/behavior, so what we strive to be compared against is the question "If this car existed exactly like this IRL, would it drive differently than in the game?"
    The whole discussion seems a bit pointless given that we have taken much larger artistic freedom already... (No fuel doors anyone?)

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Why can't we lock the doors?
    Autolocking doors should be a feature on modern cars too.
    Smh

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Small form, Great idea
    1545155839830.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

As a matter of fact... Fuel door is one of these features the userbase requested pretty often, much like working airbags.

And... Artistic freedom is one thing. Ignoring feedback is another. A few simple tweaks could have made the Piccolina very consistent with its age and regulations of the time. Also, the issue I reported with blinkers has nothing to do with either age or regulations. I don't remember a single car in this price bracket with separate position lights. And, even if that was the case... Where are the front blinkers in this car then?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

hey, on the subject of fuel, is the fuel tank neatly (and quite charmingly, if i do say so myself) tucked away underneath the bonnet like it is in the 600 and beetle? :p

(i mean we could just wait and see, but i thought i'd ask anyways)

11. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I've played the game for 5 years, and I can't belive I've never noticed there are no fuel doors

#811 Cutlass, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-12-18_10-17-19.png

This makes me very, very happy. :D

The roof lights, the engine cage, the rain flap on the exhaust tip (I do hope so very much that they eventually appear as an option on the T-series), everything about the Baja Piccolina looks perfect.

Also, it looks like I was right about the GP Sand Star wheels - looks like there's going to be a five-lug hub option on the Piccolina.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

also notice the high-mounted shocks that are actually colored, and custom taillights!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

No one ignoring feedback. Having separate positions lights is design decision, Picollina is affordable car, but its was not designed to be a cheapest car at the market. Complaints is not constructive way to give feedback, please tell us your vision of solving inaccuracy we will take it to consider. Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

:D We even went so far to avoid people getting out of the cars again :p

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

just remove every open-able object on all of the cars- duh! oh also no glass just solid feet of metal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Hssst, don't reveal my planned superleggera config to all the world, removing every possible part, that should make little car fast :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You have to go much higher in price to find separate position lights in cars of the '60s.
    I'm complaining now, after two months of being pretty much ignored and shut down in this thread. First reports were very constructive indeed, but I was always told it was fine by other forum members, a minor and irrelevant detail. It became kinda frustrating after a while, especially since these attempts at dismissing my point apparently caused my suggestions to take second place, eclipsed by polemics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Nonsense... bubble top cars everywhere...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

LET THE BUBBLE TOP MICROCARS REIGN FREE!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice