1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Bad lag spikes on RX 5500 XT

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by isaiahh, Jun 28, 2020.

1. isaiahh

isaiahh
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am having an issue to where my AMD RX 5500 XT has really bad lag spikes and only sees 40-80% utilization, while my CPU stays at 60% utilization. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

• Annotation2020-06-28134156.png
    #1 isaiahh, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Looks to me like your CPU might be a bottleneck.

3. isaiahh

isaiahh
    Expand Collapse

So, it turns out I had to do a factory reset of my AMD drivers, I cant believe I did not try this before hand.

4. Andrew Howard Yliniemi

Andrew Howard Yliniemi
    Expand Collapse

I had some issues on my system with a 5500. Arma 3, Halo Reach, Half Life Black Mesa (New Edition) all ran fine. I first encountered the problem with Battlefield 2 online play. It would run great then all of a sudden my frames would just get wrecked for like 20 seconds and then go back to normal. It didn't seem to have anything to do with amount of things on the screen. Offline play was just fine. Now on Flight Sim 2020 it's doing the same thing. I just updated my graphics card driver today so we'll see what happens. I have an i9 so I don't think that's holding me back. 16 GB ram.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice