Bagging a 1986 Olds Custom Cruiser

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by TYLERTJ, Jan 31, 2017.

1. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Wow that looks fantastic! If I pulled up next to you at a stop light and just saw you dump the ride height I'd probably just start clapping honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

IMG_2571.jpg
    :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  4. GLion

GLion
    Expand Collapse

Amazing so far.
    Any plans for the rest of the car?

5. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I want to keep it simple. My number 1 priority is to get the messed up trim pieces I have replaced. I eventually want to get it painted and re-woodgrained. Perhaps next summer when I get some money saved up. Also, Olds 403 swap is a possibility. It would bolt right into the stock engine mounts and all of the accessories would work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how you've been able to tolerate a 307 for this long, that would have been the first thing I'd dealt with.

Though I have to ask, why a 403? You'd have to build it too, the stock 403's had the lowest compression I've ever seen, 7.9:1. In stock from the 403 is barely an improvement over a 307.

If I were you, I'd go with a small block Chevy, you can make plenty of cheap, fun, power, and I think you'd be alot happier with it in the long run.

7. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

The reason I'd go with a 403 is because it would literally bolt right in to the existing engine mounts. Also, where I live the car still has to go through DEQ. Everything would bolt right in and everything would still work like A/C, heater, etc. I don't need a ton of power, but these engines can be built to be extremely powerful. Loads of parts are interchange from other engines like the 350. I would probably get a set of 350 heads and a different cam.

8. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Looks great. 2jz swap it. In all seriousness can't he just throw in the bigger engine and maybe change the pistons out for some hi compression slugs? My experience with Hondas tells me hot cams and tiny compression don't really compliment each other well. That olds should generate more smiles per hour than miles per hour, it looks absolutely sick. Cars like this are genre breaking to me, I completely look past my general dislike of American cars for an awesome project such as this. Or any c6 it seems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice