1. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Can't wait for test the new update! :p

2. Bubbsta22

Bubbsta22
    Expand Collapse

What mod is that, that makes the Roamer look like one of those ugly Isuzu things, or whatever they are?

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Version 1.5 coming along. Making my own custom bridges and maybe if time permits a southern style
    villa/house design. Otherwise I will try to find an ECA structure or two that will suffice. I am trying to not
    make this into a whole new map but it's tough:p. Very pleased with the overall colors and distant terrain
    match. Road layout will be familiar with heavy tweaks as stated before. Two new 'cut through' roads will
    allow different short paths and those will be where the houses reside.

Also trying to figure out the cactus. Just have modified Sketchup models now but want to make my
    own. It would be easy to just slap a pre-made model in there but that is cheapo and weak. No matter
    what, a cactus needs to be UV mapped, even in Sketchup. More soon!

Btw, thank you for all the nice reviews, it really does wonders for motivation!

screenshot_00215.png

• Like Like x 8
  4. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Can't wait!:D Colors seems very nice!

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Well shit, the WM file for Baja Hills has gotten corrupted to the point of no return. Not sure what happened.
    Been having weird glitches with previously saved versions trying to mix with newer saved versions. It's a
    real mess now and unusable. Not having an 'undo' capability in WM fucking sucks goat piss to hell and back.

No worries, I'm getting so godamn used to this I can make this map in my sleep and a great time to address
    a few things that would have required a rebuild anyway. Baja Hills 2 here we go!...er after sleepo_O.

• Like Like x 5
  6. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

this is a blessing in disguise. i wont give unsolicited suggestions but there are a few things i would like to see in version 2. i really enjoyed version one as a wonderful piece of driving road that even after memorizing, still dishes out plenty of challenge and satisfaction lap after lap. pm me if you care to hear me out or respond here and ill post it here. cheers.

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Glad you like it and thanks!

Suggestions are welcome however I'll make it clear I'm far from knowledgeable on the creation of a lot of things.

8. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

The beamng drive level editor is like a engine held together with duck tape if you can get it to start good luck getting it to run for long, the beamng drive editor is some what out dated, crashes for no reason, is a pain and, your favorite part has the worlds smallest undo memory ever, it needs a giant over hall but until then good luck p.s I've lost 3 maps to this editor!

9. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Have you tried to "import devices" tab in world machine. I don't know how but once I have lost a map but my devices was saved somewhere.:confused:

10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---

Great I just nuked a really long post. Ever have that feeling when you want to punch holes in walls for
    3 hours??

Thanks for the tip Doullpepper. I am trying to figure out an approach to resurrect the .tmd and isolate
    it. Somehow at some point the save process went into the guardrail hard. It saves changes on top of
    each other so when loaded up it looks all messed up. I have several other desert style WM landscapes
    that could certainly work. I just need to decide what avenue is less work and frustration.

EDIT: Doullpepper does it again! Importing the devices was a strange affair but it worked!
    Thank you!
    beer.png

#90 Aboroath, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

When I use a world machine hight map I can't edit it

12. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Can you be more specific?

13. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

:confused: very mysterious!

14. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

I can't raise nor sink terrain

15. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Send me a PM and I'll try to help:cool:.

16. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Start a conversation

17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

So this adventure with the saguaro is bittersweet. I'm thrilled shitless that I got something reasonable in
    game and it looks the part. However, getting to this point has been tiring. UV mapping models in sketchup
    is frought with glitches when using extensions that are supposed to do UV mapping. Not to mention the sketchup
    community not being worth a damn, they bend over backwards to pat themselves on the back for being the most
    helpful and kind community on the planet...I don't get it. Maybe someone here knows the in's and out's of the
    Frodo UV mapping extension and why it's creating individual materials for every face in the model.

Anyway, the cactus you see were hand textured, yeah, every single face and using the general purpose texturing
    utility in Sketchup. They don't look so hot close up right now. Amazingly they look okay when done with care.
    Finding good textures is also a major headache.

I am having LOD issues with these but I think I know why and I intend on making the cacti as neat as possible.
    Other things for Baja Hills 2 are also underway and the bridges are almost complete, those are WAY easier
    to do in Sketchup. Pluggin' along with the other ideas mentioned earlier.

Once again time to thank everyone for the kind words, videos (lookin' at you Insanegaz!), and reviews:D.
    I love this place:cool:.
    screenshot_00228.png

• Like Like x 4
  18. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Oooohh :eek:... Maybe you search too complex things when they are simple... Why do you persist with sketchup and not with Blender? Sketchup like Autocad are good architect software for create buildings or mecanic pieces because you can respect measurement units, but for vegetation or other complex things "potatoes like" Blender is easyer and mostly in UV mapping.

Example : with blender, to create a cactus, create a bezier spline in face view( it's the main shape of the cactus), after create a bezier circle but add some point on it to do the cactus shape in cut view. Then you can associate the circle with the spline. You have now the body of the cactus. After a function convert bezier in simple mesh. Then with UV mapping you have a function "follow active quad". With this conception, you simply select your model and the texture follow the body of cactus perfectly... It is the same process vith curve roads meshes. When you have understand it you can do all you want easily. :D

Also geeting! Nice cactus!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Doullpepper!....Glad you took it easy on me there:p. I am using sketchup because it is quite frankly
    dumbed down and easy to do right off the bat. I want to release BH2 sooner than later and the learning curve
    for Blender doesn't fit that schedule. That said I fully intend to jump into Blender when the time is right and I get
    a few things out of my system. There is an abundance of things I do not like regarding Sketchup and that do not
    fit my eventual level of quality. I admire all you Blender Nazi's and fully intend on becoming one, just not this minute;). Please understand it isn't so much Blender itself but the theories involved (UV mapping, beziers, active quads etc.) that Blender handles in a much more technical process that befuddles me currently. Learning all that
    just to make a garden variety cactus is not worth putting off BH2 any longer than necessary. Future maps and ideas flood my mind and Blender will be the only choice. It's like learning to ride a bike right?...learn once, remember forever.

Thank you for the cactus tips. I will look into it.

20. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes you remember potential but after few month without practice you can forget important short keys... :p I advise to create a text memo for that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice