WIP Beta released BajaForest 2017-05-09

Small Baja Style Dirt Track In a Forest

1. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

2. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Oh my goodness, once this is done, my life will be complete (cuz PreRunners)

3. TheDragonGamer

TheDragonGamer
    Expand Collapse

nice map! (also wow this is a new thread)

4. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I swear there were some like, Toyota PreRunner's or Freerunners. Anyone have the link?

5. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The Toyota has been dead for quite some time. There was someone working on making it work again, and I think they released an early beta a while ago. They haven't updated it since the early release though. Just search for Toyota and you should be able to find it

Variety Mod had a pretty good Baja race truck config, but you'll have to either use the VM fix Otto von Biscuit made for it (I haven't downloaded it, so I don't know how well it works) or replace the now-defunct parts yourself to make it work

Darren9's DH Outlaw also works pretty well, there's the RG Trophy Truck, which is a bit quirky, but works, and you could always combine multiple mods together and build your own.

6. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

K then. Yeah I know about the Toyota.

7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

If you wish to easily add an AI track to your map, please script in my Transparent_AI_Guide texture (it's 100% invisible), into your map. You can use it as a decal road, and make your AI go where you want it to go. The AI will go from node to node in a straight line (somewhat smoothing the corners, but keep those nodes in the center of the open area), and go around your track if you make it loop.
    I've uploaded the file for you. Make sure you don't have any normals or specular scripted in for it, just that texture. My texture entry from So-Cal Interstate looks like this, but you'll have to change your directories to suit your map, my level name for So-Cal is TSH.

Code:
    singleton Material(ZZ_Transparent_AI_Guide)
    {
       mapTo = "unmapped_mat";
       specularPower[0] = "16";
       specularMap[0] = "";
       useAnisotropic[0] = "1";
       castShadows = "0";
       translucent = "1";
       translucentZWrite = "1";
       alphaTest = "1";
       materialTag0 = "RoadAndPath";
       showDust = "1";
       diffuseColor[0] = "0.835294 0.835294 0.835294 1";
       normalMap[0] = "";
       beamngDiffuseColorSlot = "2";
       materialTag1 = "vehicle";
       specularStrength[0] = "0.294118";
       colorMap[0] = "levels/TSH/ART/ROADS/Completely_transparent.dds";
       specularStrength0 = "0.294118";
    };

Attached Files:

8. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Thank you alot , ill try to add ai support (first time doing it so it can take some time) and ill ad you into credits after the recourse update ,

Again, Thank you :)

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Well that's fine, just make sure to set decal road's "driveability" to 1 for asphalt (they'll go fast) or 0.5 for a dirt path (where they won't go as fast). I'd test both and see how it is. You must (save and) exit the map and then restart the map for the AI changes to take effect. Just make sure to overlap the ends of the roads by a little bit so it connects them properly. Use lots of nodes around corners (evenly spaced nodes every so often, for the corners), if they're not evenly spaced it doesn't work as well bending around corners, and be careful the AI does not cut the corner into the trees. The AI may use the full width of the road, so set the width of the decal road as needed per-node so it uses most of the track.
    If you can see the road on your mini-map or GPS you know the AI can use it.
    Way-points can also be scripted in if needed, map.json in the root directory of your map has what's needed. You use way-points and name them wp1, wp2, wp3, wp4 (ETC!) and such in the object editor. ECA is a good way to learn this.
    The AI will drive along the center or just to the right of the center of the road around the whole length of it. If it turns around @ the loop point (where it both starts and ends) and does not continue on at all, overlap it a bit more.
    Generally waypoints are needed when you have roads made of modeled stuff like DAE's that make up bridges or things like the 'town base' that makes up the sidewalks, grass, and roads of ECA. Way points will NOT work unless they're scripted into map.json like I said above BUT you don't need them on decal roads. so unless you add a bridge, you won't need them (unless your me, who totally cheated and used aforementioned decal roads that are completely invisible to map the AI across the bridge by putting the beginning node @ one end of the bridge and the ending node at the other, where my decal roads ended on both ends, and not having any other nodes).
    ECA = East Coast America (USA).
    Yes, I've discovered the trick of using invisible decal roads versus waypoints, so long as you have no nodes more than a few feet vertically from the road surface, and it's a straight bridge, you can lay an invisible decal road with AI usability right over your bridge's space, and the AI will drive across it like it's not even there! So-Cal Interstate and Roane County Tennessee does a LOT of this (as does Nevada, but that's got texture issues right now).
    If you have major jumps, hills, or dips in your track, make sure to contour your decal road to this, with nodes at the bottom and top of the crests and troughs. This way the AI takes it accurately. If the AI deviates too far above or below it's intended or ideal path, it hams on the brakes and sometimes will stop erratically. Again, if in doubt (I know I type a book but I try to be thorough), please reference my maps, the AI works in all of them. So-Cal interstate for example has hidden invisible decal roads over all the freeways so the cars keep lane.

10. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Thank you alot for helping and using your time , ill look in to it tomorrow , the clock for me is already quite much.....
    Thank you :)

11. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice