The Rigs of Rods Classic

1. mike9606

mike9606
    Expand Collapse

Are you using the New Updater?

2. BlackVenom

BlackVenom
    Expand Collapse

This looks awesome! I missed this somehow... now I'm at work.... Soon...

3. mrpotsilog12

mrpotsilog12
    Expand Collapse

thank you for this awesome terrain mod! :D

4. bits&bytes

bits&bytes
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for sharing this map!

I have made 4 Waypoint files to simulate a race with 4 AI cars on this map.

• Be sure to have the Waypoint mod installed first. Installation procedure is described clearly into the helpfile that comes with this mod.
    • Unzip the attached 'Waypoints_BajaramaCovetRun_V0-0.zip' file and place the four '.lua' files directly into the 'Wayponts' folder.
    • After loading the Bajarama map, spawn 3 extra cars (see attached picture).
    • Load the correct waypoint file for every car. The number at the end of the file (0 to 3) must correspond with the starting position of the car otherwise the car will refuse to drive. 'BajaramaCovet0.lua' is for the car which is on the right side (furthest away on the attached picture), 'BajaramaCovet1.lua' is for the car next to it, 'BajaramaCovet2.lua' for the car next to that and 'BajaramaCovet3.lua' for the most left one.
      As long as you do not reload any car (also by changing it or by selecting another skin (skin selector mod)) the number should correspond to the car ID.
    • Now press the 'Run all cars' button and watch the cars go.

Be shure to prevent carID mixup. Do not carry out any car reloads (I, R, Ctrl-R, car selections, car configurations, skin selections, ... ) after loading the waypointfiles.
    It's best to keep this sequence:
    1. Load the Bajarama map.
    2. Do all the desired changes to the default spawned car but do not drive with it. Leave it on it's default position.
    3. Spawn a new car (by using the standard menu on the right side) and do all desired changes on that car.
    4. Do the same for the 3th and 4th car.
    5. Press tab once to select the first car (on the most right side).
    6. Press the 'Load Waypoints' button on the 'Waypoints' app.
    7. Normaly the first combobox should be at CarID 0, leave this and select file ''BajaramaCovet0" into the second combobox and press the 'Load' button .
    8. Press tab to select the seccond car and repeat the previous step (CarID should be 1 and select "BajaramaCovet1" file).
    9. Do the same for car 3 and 4 (ID 2 and 3).
    10. If you want to join the race, then select the most left car (ID 3) and spawn a 5th car. There is no waypoint for that car, but you can drive it yourself.
    11. Press the 'Run all cars' button and if you're lucky, all 4 cars will start driving.
    12. Have fun!

Remarks and known issues:

• The waypoints are recorded with the Ibishu Covet, Turbo FWD Rally with removed glass, Front Fascia, Rear Panel and with steel wheels.
    • Sometimes a car refuses to start.
    • Cars are moving not very fast so don't expect spectacular crashes.
    • Cars do stall easy after a crash or a spin.
    • If you want to do a restart, it is best to close and restart the game completely. The Bajarama map does not take to much time to load.

Attached Files:

5. Alymeldir

Alymeldir
    Expand Collapse

May i ask what buggy/ sand rail you used in the video, along with a download link?

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

DSC Scarab (Use forum seach).

7. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Ahh the memories. Yet again, great work sam.

8. blue22111

blue22111
    Expand Collapse

How did you convert this map into Beamng Drive?

I ask because I would like to convert North St Helens into beamng drive.

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Im not sure how they did it but i think you could do it like this: (please note North St Helens will be a lot more difficult for reasons i will explain)
    1. Create new map in BeamNG
    2. Import North St Helens heightmap (you can find it in the zip file in ror)
    3. Import North St Helens texture as a heightmap texture (Once again it is in the zip file)
    4. Cry when you realize that mesh roads are not in BeamNG (yet, next update will apparently have them)
    5. Either wait or do some terrain work to flatten out the road areas
    6. Try and get the path that the meshroad follows in ror (there should be some coordinates for it somewhere in the ror file)
    7. Try and import that into BeamNG and use it as the path for the texture based road
    8. Convert all models to .dae files
    9. Import and place them, you could probably do this by eye since there is not so many and they are not that critical

After all that it should be done other than some changing of sky textures etc. So yeah, converting maps with mesh roads is currently not such a great idea, hopefully when mesh road is added into BeamNG someone might creat a conversion utility to convert RoR mesh roads into BeamNG ones. I cant imagine it being hugely difficult to make a program to do that, at least it would be a lot easier than doing it by hand. But this is only if you want to be 100% accurate. You could probably just grab an aerial photo of North St Helens and use it as a reference and try and make a better quality mesh road using it by doing a better job of corners.
    The other alternative would be to try and get the road coordinates out of ror and into a 3d modeling program and use that to create the 3d object and then just place it inside the BeamNG map. This should give you a very accurate representation that you can create currently.

10. ENDER_PONY_223

ENDER_PONY_223
    Expand Collapse

Really cool! Downloading it right now and I cant wait!:D

11. blue22111

blue22111
    Expand Collapse

I can live without the roads and buildings. I just want the land itself. What would the heightmap be named?

12. xxawesomexx

xxawesomexx
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to be honest here, I played the gmod version of it first, and i never actually knew it was from RoR :p:p:p

13. onnormouse

onnormouse
    Expand Collapse

is it just me or am I broken?

Whenever i drive on this map, my engine dies after a while?

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Bug in the game, it's being looked at I believe.

15. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

From what I've read, it's not a bug. A bunch of mod maps have invisible water planes on them that are triggering the "flooded" flag on cars, killing their engines. You can remove them in the editor but I dunno how to look for them.

16. RageBull

RageBull
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that when i'm playing on this map, It'll break something and my RPM thing will go all the way down to the 0 mark, then it won't let me drive. Please help me.

17. Rydog106

Rydog106
    Expand Collapse

That means you broke your engine. It is this map. There are invisible water blocks around it and when you hit one it "floods" the engine. It is an issue with this map.

18. worldofawesome2

worldofawesome2
    Expand Collapse

Why are there no textures for the grass?

19. AntyGaming

AntyGaming
    Expand Collapse

Awesome I'm Definitely going to spend all of my BeamNG time in this map

20. carkillerman12

carkillerman12
    Expand Collapse

what would be funny if you add a ai file so the ai drives around the course

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice