BATTLEFIELD 4: 17 Minutes of Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Mad-Alex, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Can't they see that a lot of people will read that as "the game won't run on Nvidia/Intel"? Those people probably won't even buy the game now. They must be thick in the head or something. I can't imagine what they were thinking, making statements like that when like... more than 40% of the world doesn't use ATI gpus or AMD cpus...

On the other hand, it would be sort-of funny to see BF4 get massive performance issues on Intel/Nvidia machines, just so I can laugh at EA being a giant failure again... :rolleyes: Perhaps I enjoy bandwagonning a bit too much sometimes...

Oh, and about that gameplay... It looks the same as BF3 to me. Honeslty don't see anything different other than the scripted event of the building falling down, which they already did in BF3 campaign... Even the hud in some areas is 1:1 exactly the same.

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Just Nvidia, intel has nothing to do with this.

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

How so? Intel makes CPUs, the statement says they optimise it for AMD CPUs...

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah, I missed the part where it says amd fx cpu series lol. Well, when it comes to gaming intel always wins, I think this is more focused to graphic cards optimisations.

5. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I want to see Microsoft fail :D

6. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

Well, my PC will Definitely be able to handle it and I haven't gotten anything by email yet...... Either way, I will end up buying the game.

7. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

Nice.
    With my AMD/Ati PC in the future, that is good news for me :p

It does pretty much looks the same as BF3, but I'll get it anyway, for the heck of it, lol

8. Thatguy5480

Thatguy5480
    Expand Collapse

I try to get in-depth into the new commander mode in the game and if you really look into it, it is alot different than battlefield 3!

#28 Thatguy5480, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  9. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, Just saw all their videos.
    Weirdly, the best part I like is, where in MP, he blows the pillar & the Tank on the Road falls down & his teammate destroys it. That was Epic! :eek:
    It does have differences. Can't wait for it! :p

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Glad that frostbite3 is amd optimized, budget gamer here. (And I want nfs;rivals) But, tbh, ghosts looks better. I mean, it's the only fps I've ever wanted to buy, it looks AMAZING. Though its probably mostly because the epic trailer... And the dog. :3 I'm a sucker for games that have serious animals in them, so I'm with the "that dog better not die" group. My 2c.

11. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

BF3 didn't have commander mode ;)

Also, I have no idea why there even is commander in BF4, it's just pointless, like squads, the people that will play it will only care about kills and not teamwork.

#31 Kamil_, Jun 15, 2013
  12. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

It uses the same old engine as always, so I assure you it doesn't look better. It doesn't even look like BF3 let alone BF4.

13. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

What's so different with Frostbite3?

14. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/battlefield_4/news/dice_reveals_frostbite_3.html

The question is, what's so different with the CoD Ghosts engine. the answer is nothing. Same engine, they just change the maps and some weapons and there you go, new call of duty. It's been happening since CoD Black Ops. They are so stupid they even killed the competition in PC, which was the reason for a lot of people and I to buy the game. Until CoD World at War you had dedicated servers, good ping, no lag, etc. Since Black Ops there are ''hosts'', people creating the games with their connections LOL.

15. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Well ok.
    And I know that's stupid, I hate CoD.

16. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'm not defending CoD, I probably won't get it, but a lot of people will buy it for the "feels" if you know what I mean. They're in the future, fighting for a lost cause. They've been decimated so they can only fight gorilla style. It has darker textures, and a "halo 4" feel. It's the end of these people and customers know it. I like the looks of BF more, but this has an "epic" feel.

Btw, I betting on either the owner of the dog dying and the dog poking him with his nose, or the dog dying and the owner holding him and crying, or #1 happening, then the dog getting shot. Or the dog getting hurt then the owner trying to save him then getting blown up. I have all my bases covered with them dying. D:

#36 Bubbleawsome, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  17. Thatguy5480

Thatguy5480
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised no one is talking about these boats...
    They look so devastating and powerful plus they have jet skis ;)

#37 Thatguy5480, Jul 16, 2013
  18. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

I'm talking about it, well, in my head at least :p
    But yeah, Boats are going to be awesome! :)
    Especially since the Boat shown in that video has 2 Jet Skis attached for quick escapes! Really makes you improvise when you see it happen (to the enemy) for the 1st time :D

19. Thatguy5480

Thatguy5480
    Expand Collapse

Dont forget the main gun on the boat is as powerful as an attack choppers secondary gun!
    ;)

20. Tom P.

Tom P.
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait for this game. It's gonna be great. Already preordered mine for PC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice