Beamng and next-gen consoles

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Confused_Deer43, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone!
    I had this thought here..
    Some time ago I had read that rigs of rods and/or beamng weren't possible to make to be used on our current gen consoles because of the processing power.
    But now that we're having these new consoles come out, I was wondering if there would be a possibility, maybe a while after the game gets released for the pc that beamng would ever be released on a next-gen console?

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Use the search bar and then come back and apologize.

3. Anonymous99

Anonymous99
    Expand Collapse

Real polite way to introduce a person to the forums. How great you must feel...

4. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

to be fair to him, this has been asked so many times its unreal.

5. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I don't want this to be on consoles.
    Think how PS gets gran turismo and Xbox gets forza, we will get a game which is much better. Please don't give it to the console players!
    There was never a game like that for the PC, and it always hurt me so bad.

6. Michael

Michael
    Expand Collapse

Dude that's only one of the reasons. They had plenty other reasons why they won't put it on consoles.

1. Money
    2. Having to make 2 additional versions of the game: One for PS4 and Xbox One, which costs time + money.
    3. Having to update all 3 versions of the games, when the whole crew working on it is 4 people...

In the end its just not logical. They are only a small group of programmers/artists who don't have the time and money to make/port this game to a console.

7. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

I heard from my source in Ubisoft that they are trying to make a game with soft body physics. How realistic it will be, I do not know... I am guessing that whatever they were/are working on will be implemented into Ubisoft's upcoming game: The Crew. Just remember that this is totally speculation on my part. I have included a video for reference:

As far as I know, this game will be released on the new consoles (Xbox One and PS4).

#7 luke198, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  8. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

Ubisoft has all the cool stuff this year it seems. I for one can't wait for either BeamNG or Ubisoft's game.

#8 .Alpha, Jun 12, 2013
  9. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I was very surprised (and very happy) to see this... I just hope to god that they don't make it some kind of racing MMO.

10. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

That's what they're making.

And I'm pretty sure that it doesnt have soft body physics. BTW, did you see the gameplay, instead of the trailer? the trailer is just FULL of CGI, it must've cost more than the game to make itself. They probably learnt that hype technique from EA.

11. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

No, I have not seen gameplay. As I said before, I was purely speculating. All I know for sure is that Ubisoft is attempting to to create soft body physics.

12. Dr.Bullshit

Dr.Bullshit
    Expand Collapse

The way that Crown Vic looked after it rolled a couple of times, I have to say they did a pretty damn good job... Putting it in their trailer...
    The Crew will be a game ''for the masses''; so it probably won't have very fancy soft-body stuff in the actual game.

13. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

That trailer is CGI, not the gameplay, you can't say that everything in the trailer will be in the game.
    The gameplay looks horrid compared to the trailer, and I doubt there is any soft body physics involved

14. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I can't quite confirm it, but is that a song by The Glitch Mob?

15. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

Warrior Concerto :)

16. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

17. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It's an arcade console game with licensed cars. It's not going to have soft-body physics.

18. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

Damn... But at least it will be a game that will be able to rival NFS. The car tuning seems to be more in-depth than Need For Speed, so that looks quite awesome. Here is a gameplay video for reference:

I would love it if we could convert sports cars in BeamNG to rally/offroad vehicles...

-EDIT-

I just took another look at the gameplay footage and 2 pints come to mind...
    1. The vehicles shown were so heavily modified that they did not look like the original licensed vehicle. Therefore, shouldn't they be able to completely destroy those vehicles?
    2. There does seem to be vehicle damage, although not much. But perhaps they will change it, since the game will be released next year.

#18 luke198, Jun 13, 2013
  19. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

1: It's not about the vehicles looking like their real life counterparts or not. They're still badged with the same name, meaning the car brands won't want to have them completely destroyed like you'd be able to with soft-body physics.
    Even if they did only enable us to completely destroy them once modified, they'd need to have 2 damage systems, which they won't do because there's no point(doing development work twice while the game doesn't really get better from it).
    Even if they did make 2 damage systems, then it makes no sense if the stock car is WAY stronger than the off-road version that has cages all around it or the race version which has a cage inside it. So they won't do that.

2: The fact that there's vehicle damage means nothing, most if not all car games have that nowadays. It's pretty much impossible for them to decide halfway through development that they'll change from a damage-system that only allows light damage(ie bumpers falling off etc), to a damage system that allows super heavy damage(like Driver SF), long after the first has already been developed. It would require major recoding in the game(for example to accomodate wheels getting pushed into the wheelarches)...

Just won't happen.
    I really don't like that they only barely showed the customization, yet if you listen to their words, they kinda just claim to do the exact same as Street Legal Racing Redline... "And yes, you can build your car from the ground up"... That's pretty much claiming they have what Street Legal Racing Redline has...
    Making such a huge statement and then not showing anything of it, not the actual in-game customization(ie the menu), but instead showing a simple animation, makes me VERY suspicious.
    I really suspect, once the game is almost ready, they're just gonna go "Well duh, of course you can't litterally do it yourself, the game simply shows you the animation and converts your whole car to off-road after you simply click one button! How could you expect anything else!"...

That said, it does look like an amazingly fun game, especially if they aren't using too much marketing language here...

#19 Mythbuster, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  20. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

Oh well, but a guy can still be optimistic! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice