BeamNG Benchmark

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ForistalityD, Sep 15, 2013.

1. ForistalityD

ForistalityD
    Expand Collapse

Can you guys create a benchmark simulation. Basically have single fixed "footage" of one of the cars falling down the cliff.

Have it so it shows the average, min, max fps in the end. Just like any other benchmarking software.

This is the absolute perfect game to benchmark a CPU.

If people like Linustechtips, Timetolivecustoms, razetheworld(teksyndicate), etc... start using this game to benchmark hardware, it is free advertising for you guys.

#1 ForistalityD, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

yep, we could do that :)

3. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

This is something I have missed too.

But a benchmark should be with a range of different cars (at least Moonhawk) and include crash, water, geometry and so on (variation basicly).

4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

make it such that it utterly gives a hiding to graphics cards and processors...make it a GPU and CPU Breaker!

5. phipck

phipck
    Expand Collapse

Benchmarking is a fantastic way to get attention, as benchmarking gives gamers huge bragging rights over their scores. It would probably draw the attention of others who haven't yet seen anything about this game title. I think its a great idea and I would love to see Linus (linustechtips) on youtube using it to test systems, ive been subscribed to his channel for some time!

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Come on Devs...build a benchtest that would push the absolute limits of the cards that is what I would love to see...maybe 30 vehicles down the Cliffs map...

7. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

That doesn't increase the load on the graphics card...

Any framerate drops are going to be down to the CPU processing extra physical objects. All the GPU has to do is render more polygons.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

MOAR VEGETATION.

I cannot load the derby arenas map on my laptop without FPS dropping to like 1, something about that map kills it

9. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

Preferably the benchmark would be configurable, so that it could be even more challenging for CPU or/and GPU. But to ensure that it captures as many gameplay situations as possible, I think variation and exageration is key. And personally I think throwing cars of a cliff is boring.

What would be cool is starting the benchmark with a bird eye camera from the sea. And as it approches the land you can see a car chase with a bunch of police cars and some Moonhawks (all being rear wheel drive). You can hear it too. Have them bumping into each other (real car action goin' on) and when the camera closes in, one of the Moonhawk crashes into barrels and out of the road down a small hill and one of the police cars for that sake. One of the police cars could push it/slide it around (pit manouver) and the Moonhawk would roll backwards, and slide/turn the car around again. The chase continues with only some police cars left and the last Moonhawk shows some incredible driving skills and pushes one or two cars out of the road and shakes the last car of it's back when it makes a mistake. The benchmark ends with the Moonhawk just cruising controllably at high speed, making some small jumps (you can the the chassis flexing in slow motion). The camera slows down, seeing the Moonhawk driving off as sunset sets in. You can hear the engine roaring in the background and "CUT". :D And of course there would be some slow motion scenes and wheels spinning dirt at the edge of the road and so on. And the Moonhawks should have some special paint work giving it a story. These are con men that build cars like it were art, and of course they also put on a supercharger.

#9 Stian Aarskaug, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice