BeamNG drive Camera path tool

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by CrashyDave, Jan 13, 2020.

1. CrashyDave

CrashyDave
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, just having a bit of a problem with the camera path tool when not using it with a replay...
    Its fine when i have it going with a replay selected, but when i try to use the camera path tool with the script a.i path tool (set a path just for a little way down the road) for some reason im finding it very hard to get the camera to stay along side the car and stuff like you can do easily with the replay connected to it?
    i understand the 'track vehicle button' but that doesn't have the same effect i want to achieve.
    When using a replay with the camera path tool, it all you have to do it put the camera alongside the car and add a marker, then move the replay on one click (using the right arrow on keyboard) then find the same spot on the car again and add marker, and it will stay alongside the car, but if i try and do this with just the camera tool and the a.i script, then it dosn't sync up when you click 'new marker' with the a.i script, so they end up running out of sync with eachother because the camera path works on a different timescale to the a.i script path?

Could i make a suggestion for the devs to have a button to 'sync camera to script a.i path' like it does when you select a replay to use with the camera path?

or is there something more simple i could do to make it easier?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's because when you use a replay, the Camera Path can use its timeline (ie. when you place a marker, it's synced with that exact time in the replay)
    But if you are running a simulation live, then that sync is harder to achieve, as you don't have any sort of shared timeline between the two things. It's more a game of guess in this case, trying to predict where the camera will be, and at what time.

It's easier if you use Replay for what you want to do.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice