1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG.drive development snapshots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Apr 16, 2015.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We wanted to release the full update on friday, but things broke on multiple levels including CTD and so forth. Right now it looks like the most important issues are sorted out, so we are looking for a release on monday :)

Also, starting bringing back the main menu :)

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I think they're talking about some stuff being cut out (200 BX), wich would make this an incomplete snapshot. (for them atleast)

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I'm away for two days...

anyway... when was the second snapshot released? neat.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

A day after the first one lol

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

-- playing kindergarden as well now

6. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

charlimit
    Screenshot (29).png

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Hey I'm not the one demanding these get pushed out. I understand reality happens and I don't mind the delays between releases.

#187 Dummiesman, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  8. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

-- playing kindergarden as well now

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough. I'm a hostirical reenactor, I'm beyond exhausted right now after the conclusion of a show and simply waiting for a good time to go to bed. Being incapable of reading is probably to be expected. I've had too much air. Fresh air for me these days is usually breathed in labouredly as 30lbs of medieval armour impedes every movement I make, or it's punctuated by shouting and explosions when I'm on a napoleonic cannon crew. I think I'll stay in while I'm unwinding and realizing exactly how I benefit from my modern lifestyle.

And those of you perceptive enough to realize the point I'm trying to make, please take it on board and behave better in future. My favourite hobby because I get to blow up gunpowder in the morning and then the following afternoon take part in a full contact death free display medieval battle... but also lets me know the hard way and very brutally what I take for granted at home. Appreciate these guys a little, they work hard and what's being demanded is unreasonable.

10. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Isnt that also kindergarden level to say its kindergarden?
    Which makes me also an kindergarden child? #INCEPTION DONT GET OFFENDED OF THIS PLEASE, IM JUST KIDDING :p

OT: Great to see a main menue again and i cant wait for the new things coming up in the new update (especially the 200BX)
    I also have a question, what is that mistirious map Hutch has been working on lately? (That one with Tunnel)

11. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I think it's Hirochi Raceway since part of it ends in a massive wall. Dunno though.

12. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

Not bad but will this be uploaded as another snapshot or will this be on steam as the experimental build?

13. Neobite

Neobite
    Expand Collapse

I hope that everything goes well guys :D

14. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Yeehaw!...my day off.:cool:

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I have edited that menu screen with some things that i personally think could be done to make it look just that bit better.

Improved menu.png

• I have added the BeamNG logo to the top left to add a bit of branding. You could then remove the BeamNG logo from the screenshot on the menu.
    • I have added a light grey line below it. It was originally the same colour as the buttons, but i thought it looked a bit out of place with the minimalist design so i made it lighter, alternatively it could be removed entirely but i preferred the light line.
    • I centered the icons next to the text on the buttons. On the original screenshot the alignment was out a bit.

Hopefully some of this is useful :)

16. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

the BeamNG logo would look much better there if the entire thing was widened

17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I did think about that but the screenshot was taken at a wider than 16:9 aspect ratio and im not sure how they are scaling it. But i think you are correct, it would look a bit nicer if it was bigger.

EDIT:
    Widened a bit. I also increased the button sizing to match.
    Improved menu 2.png

The reason i mention scaling is it really depends on how they are doing it. If they leave the buttons the same size then this would look ok fullscreen. If they are rescaling the sizes based upon screen resolution it is possible that this may look a bit huge and almost like a mobile phone port at full screen. The original sized one looks more like a PC game.

#197 aljowen, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  18. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We had similar ideas, what you see is under heavy work and not done at all and will change

19. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

A suggestion : Add faint lines like you have between the forum header buttons. Probably already tried it though :p

20. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

Actually, I liked it better without the log. I don't see why you have to be reminded what game you're playing. Also, it looks less minimalistic with the logo.

#200 Stian Aarskaug, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice