1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG.drive development snapshots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Apr 16, 2015.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Too much effort for a lazy asshole like myself. :D

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

LMGDMFAO. Good to see someone else perfecting the art of self deprecation. I hate my guts.

3. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Wow guys everything feels so much better, the dynamic reflections are improved, the new UI is cool, I love the color selector and the Roamer is awesome!! Nice idea with this and keep up the hard work!:D

4. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

i am going to wait till the update comes out,i somehow cannot manage to extract or open archive on the .005 files...

5. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I've downloaded and extracted the earlier snapshot. It boots fine and it runs, but it does the typical physics failure on every map I try, the one that freezes the camera and requires a complete restart of the game, but you can still see the skybox and foliage moving. Obviously I understand that some things won't be working properly, but this is essentially the entire thing failing to initialise.

It's not a complaint but a question. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this a build that is more unstable than others? The game loads the D15 by default so I assume it's either broken files for that or the game itself.

EDIT: Snapshot 2 works fine so I guess this doesn't matter.

#85 TheAdmiester, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  6. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

The snapshot is quite easy to install when you figure it out. I really like the new interface, especially the ability to change the color of the car without having to reload it.

#86 Godzilla!, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  7. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

currently extracting beamng.drive-0.3.8.1

dis gun b good

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

The whole point of this thread is to be for dedicated users who know what they're doing. Explaining how to use this goes against that purpose.

9. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

managed to finally get it working

im loving the new UI and the other stuff in the snapshot

10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

No problems installing on another drive. In fact no problems what so ever so far. I like the crispness that can be achieved in the
    GFX settings, definitely HD looking. This is a great showcase for what this game is going to be like in 6 months not mention lots
    of pointers as to what it will be like as a AAA game.:cool:

11. Kiruke

Kiruke
    Expand Collapse

I've tried it, and apart for the lag (Obviously because it's a snapshot and i downloaded it on my Hard Disco, not in :C) it looks great; The UI it's more modern and seems like Material Design from Android 5.0 Lollipop :p, but can't wait for Ibishu 200BX and Gavril (It's a gavril....Right?) Roamer (Little OT: But i'd like if Gabester bring back Hirochi SBR4) ;)
    Good work...BeamNG it's one of my favourite PC games, I have a lot of fun with it! :D

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

HDD does not usually impede videogame performance vs SSD.

13. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

Do snapshots allow sending developer crash reports?

84% - 98% of the time there is zero way for me to explain a crash in code.
    My communication starts at what I see visually and moves up in onto foot in mouth syndrome.

14. roland91

roland91
    Expand Collapse

Have been using the wip2 snapshot for a little bit now and found an odd bug.

Whenever I press ctrl+w for the part selector the hole UI dies... Game still works as of I can still drive and reset the car, but other shortcut keys or even the escape do not work. Part selector from the menu does work however so its not a big deal though. Using the 64 bit version.

btw the new AI is pretty amazing, easily my favourite part of the snapshot:) This AI is the first I have seen that can do a real rockford turn:D

15. dezzey

dezzey
    Expand Collapse

It's best if you don't use the "ctrl+W" function for now. I guess it's just an old habit to choose parts.

ALSO: The "ctrl+E" sometimes doesn't work, and there is no other way to select another vehicle to the best of my knowledge.

16. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Eh, you know that the Roamer is already included?

Its in the prestes of the Gavril d15

17. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

In your mind, do you think that there will be a Steam update for BeamNG with the Roamer and the 200BX? I know that in the description it says that there will be. But, what do you think? I am afraid of ruining my BeamNG if something goes wrong with these snapshots. That is why I will wait for the official update.

18. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Thing I'm curious about is why there's no 200BX in the developer snapshots. Am I wrong in asumming a vehicle made by the devs that is in game would be in the dev build?

19. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Because they dont want it in yet. Simple as that

20. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

Because they said that they were including all of the latest things as of now, there must be something really, really wrong with it. Is it possible that it is in there, but nobody has managed to find it yet?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice