1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG.drive development snapshots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

There's nothing wrong with the 200BX. Like others have said, they don't want to release it yet. If both vehicles were available now what's the suspense in an
    official 0.3.8.1 stable update?

2. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

These snapshots aren't supposed to be a replacement for the main game, thus the suspense lays in a working version that runs on Steam, this has nothing to do with the cars of course, more the fact that people will now only use this version instead of the stable working one.

3. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

I am deeply confused. Why would people prefer to use a non-stable, buggy version of something as apposed to a stable version. They HAVE to eventually update the game on Steam to 0.3.8.1. They aren't just going to stop at the 0.3.8.0 bugfix.:D:cool:

4. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

"but muh fancy new cars and features"

5. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Because you can get new content now.

Can you drive the Roamer? I can.

6. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they can't wait for the Roamer, or they want a new UI right now. Two out of ninty-nine reasons why people use Experimental. I just use it because I like unstable software (and also the Roamer). And besides, it's not completely broken. I had it run for a while, and nothing bad happened.

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Precisely. I admire the devs for trying to please everyone but some sort of structure needs to be thought about when releasing these builds. Otherwise they risk
    disrupting planned surprises when everyone posts screens of a new vehicle that only 10% of the community can figure out. It's a total "lose/lose" situation.

8. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

This makes perfect sense, but it slightly contradicted by Tdev's post:
    "Provide with the latest stuff" would imply that the 200BX would be included as well. My guess is that it's simply a poor choice of words on his part- I wouldn't expect the 200BX to be included in something like this, but his wording suggests otherwise.

#108 Wheelie, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  9. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Its simply not in there, i was not aware that the guys specifically excluded it. Please try to cope with that fact and learn to be a bit more patient :)

10. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

I like that the collision is much better now. I only get stuck in trees, still ._.

11. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

Well, this is interesting. I opened up Steam and it's just the standard BeamNG. I normally use the Experimental...:rolleyes:

12. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Any reason why? Seemed like it was going well from the dev posts and screenshots, not to mention the Roamer is also in development and it was included. Just seems odd.

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

that was removed from steam AGES AGO

you were on stable since AGES AGO, probably just didn't realize it

14. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Anyone got any tips on how to have two cars? (should I use the editor) or something.

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Just... because! Is that such a difficult concept? Tdev has seen the comments, that's all he is going to say.
    You are single-handedly one of the loudest people on this forum in terms of annoying devs. Just let them do their work, and never talk about early releases, progress, or development in general again.

16. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

"Its simply not in there, i was not aware that the guys specifically excluded it. Please try to cope with that fact and learn to be a bit more patient "
    Please read the quote directly in front of your face

17. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

I did. That's why I'm asking why they specifically excluded it. Don't see any paticular reason to do so.

18. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Capture.JPG Your answer is right there.

#118 14ramosr, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  19. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Dude, please don't ruin this thread too.

Thx :)

20. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Thoughts

I've been playing with this build around, and I must say I found certain things very exciting, as the new or improved features appear to be very promising. Nonetheless, I'm a biased (who's not?) perfectionist, so you just have to live with the fact that I always will have some form of criticism.

UI: I realise this is WIP, but this does not change the fact that it is heavily reminiscent of a Smartphone one, as someone already pointed out. One thing I cannot comprehend is why you change the UI so often.

Roamer: It is a nice car to mess around with. If there is one thing I could complain about, it's the similarity between the D-15 and the Roamer, although that's the whole premise of that vehicle. I suppose I wanted a huge SUV, which is substantially different to the D-15.

AI: The AI features great improvements, even though it still manages to to cause an accident from time to time. It is nice to see them being able to perform proper turning maneouvres, despite the AI executing them in full throttle like a madman, thus resulting in collisions at times.

Other than that, I don't seem to be able to find anything to ***** about without being completely unreasonable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice