1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG.drive & Steam awards 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrAngry, Nov 22, 2017.

1. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Hey!

As some of you might know, the 2017 Steam award nominations are currently in full swing.

http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

Maybe we could find a way to help BeamNG win in one of the categories and help it get the recognition it needs.
    Any ideas/thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Designated Driver

The Designated Driver
    Expand Collapse

Well, the 'labor of love' award seems to match beam pretty well. I'm personally torn between nominating Beam or the recently reinvigorated Wreckfest for the award, but that's the one I think would match best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I've also nominated BeamNG in the 'Labor of love' category. I think it's the right one to vote for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How do I get to that? I don't use steam via browser.

5. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I've done it through the client itself, simply open BeamNG in the storepage and the nomination button should be right there in the purple field. Not sure if doing it through a browser works.

gadh.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

It fits, but CS:GO is definitely taking the title there.
    The "even better than I expected" award seems nice, and it states the hype-train, a Beam staple ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

I think the "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" one. Beam is the best place for realistic destruction of cars these days.

8. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Went ahead and nominated it for "Labor of Love."

9. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

I despise how you cannot nominate a game for multiple categories

otherwise I'd put fallout new vegas for everything except the thing about good looking characters tbh

but it should totally at least win the choices that matter award

10. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

I voted this and My Summer Car "Even Better than Expected" award.
    Offtopic:
    Screenshot_2017-11-23-17-55-31.jpg
    Am I doing this right?

11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the bump, but I didn't want to make another thread for it just to talk about the current status.

I think the finalist results are ridiculous. None of my nominations made it, and I think some of the finalists don't deserve it.
    Team Fortress 2 and Garry's Mod is over a decade old, so why are they finalists for a 2017 - 2018 Steam Awards? They've had their run, now there's newer titles that deserve the attention more than they do. BeamNG deserved the Labor of Love vote more than TF2 did. Undertale needs to disappear. This one really made me mad, considering that I can name several games with a better soundtrack, and that there is a reason Undertale is one of the most hated games in the world today. I have no idea what to think of Cuphead being a finalist twice, as I hadn't really been interested in it. The only game that I am interested in that is on the list is Cities: Skylines, as I just recently got it.

I'm probably never gonna vote for the Steam Awards ever again. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

TF2 and Gmod got the nominations because that's exactly what that award is about, games that are several years old and were constantly updated until today. As for BeamNG, when I saw the list of nominees the first thing I thought to myself was that BeamNG could've totally been in there somewhere if the devs encouraged people to vote either via a blogpost or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It isn't as bad, they chose those because they made them the most mone-I mean because people chose them other the others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I understood that, but still. I've never played TF2, so I don't know what their updates look like, or how they compare to BeamNG's updates.

15. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

man, that salt

all the finalists are perfectly reasonable, mostly

the steam awards have no reason or requirement to be recent games

BeamNG does not qualify for "labor of love" in the slightest. It's not even "done" yet. It's for FINISHED GAMES that have continued to be updated and supported. TF2 and Garry's Mod fully qualify for that (garry's mod wasn't even nominated anyway). TF2 just released a huge update at the end of October.

The only problematic finalists are Life is Strange/The walking dead for "choices matter", because your choices literally don't matter and make no difference to anything, and doki doki literature club/garry's mod for "defies description", because doki doki literature club is just a fuckin story, m night shamalamadingdong plot twists can be described very easily, and garry's mod has no intrinsic gameplay elements that render it indescribable, it's a source sandbox.

fuckin at least 1 game from Obsidian should've been in choices matter

cuphead certainly deserves to be in best soundtrack (best soundtrack was the "community choice" btw) and "even better than I expected".

I mean, maybe it's up to preference if you like the genre of music cuphead has, but it's objectively good for the genre, especially in games, especially considering it's all unique

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice