1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG Experimental Branch Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gabester, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jboptical

jboptical
    Expand Collapse

There isn't a esc.lua only dtc.lua and ctv.lua so it must not have made it in

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Better than that, there isn't an esc.lua, just cvt and dct

3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Should wait 'til the car is finished ;) Also, when selecting a color - set the alpha to around 0.65, so you get reflections. Matte paint looks silly on a stock production car. This only applies to the Sunburst and T75 (they don't have body textures yet).

Also, there's no way it'd be that expensive. The base model is Corolla-esque so the base price would probably be around $16,000. Maybe $20,000 for the Sport and $30,000 for the AWD Sport S, since it's a huge leap forward in performance compared to the base model and Sport. When I get around to making the Sport RS, that'd be closer to a $40,000 car with a 0-60 mph time around 5 seconds (the Sport S takes 6).

As for the ESC: when the latest car build gets pushed to experimental, the Sunburst will have very simple stability control that works to limit oversteer. It brakes the outside wheels when they're loaded (quite crude, but I can't figure out a way to code proper ESC) to pull the car back.

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

been done that way in the real world before

5. defib

defib
    Expand Collapse

Once I think about it, those prices do make more sense. I was thinking this car would be more FR-S/BRZ than Corrola, but I see now.
    Thanks for the feedback.

6. ajc918

ajc918
    Expand Collapse

The new features on the experimental version are great, love the fixed friction problem and the maps and the cars. I can't wait for this update to be officially released. But, It was really laggy, even with my most powerful computer. And, now the normal version is laggy, unlike before the experimental version. But ironically, my Mac with half the processing power of my big computer, has a much better frame rate. Will the game only get even more beefy?

7. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

I've encountered the stuttering with other video games, sometimes as well during video playback. I think my new GPU is faulty. Never had any problems with my previous ATI card and now the stuttering. I've updated BIOS, tried different drivers, updated all my other drivers, today I even went as far as formatting my main drive and start completely clean. Still getting the stuttering. Time to RMA my GTX 770...

Now today, I wanted to try the Banana benchmark and I got this:
    failedbanana.jpg

Also, today I crashed the game when removing the T75's front rear axle. Now when I spawn the T75 without the rear 'rear axle' the material of the front 'rear axle' assembly stretches out along the vertical axis. Restarting the game does not resolve and neither does Steam's game cache file integrity verification. Before today's occurrence of the game freeze/crash I was able to spawn the T75 without the rear 'rear axle' without any problems.

#427 Smeowkey, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  8. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

I think the Banana errors are because the vehicles are now in a different folder, and its not finding the data it needs. Probably are really simple fix for the devs, but i'm sure its not super high on their priorities.

9. Michael

Michael
    Expand Collapse

How do you use the large crusher? I have tried everything...

10. mrboojay

mrboojay
    Expand Collapse

You should be able to do it via the turns signals.

11. Michael

Michael
    Expand Collapse

Gotcha! Thanks

12. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

Help me my game doesn't work's :( I deleted lua accidentally and now I have to download the maps again
    I don't think the cars too.. T.T

13. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

I fixed that error. Now i got to play it. And it's awesome. Apart from the camera bug. And when i set a car up with parts config it does not save. But awesome work so far.

14. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Wondering if LJFHutch could provide some insight on how the new maps (Hirochi Raceway especially) were made, and how the workflow has changed from the earlier ones. They definitely seem a step above the others in terms of road quality and smoothness, and just in general aesthetics and layout. Also if there are any plans in the future to bring the older maps up to the same standard of the new ones?

15. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

How do you fixed it?? I cant

16. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Do you have the same error?

17. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

how do i edit files now or is something wrong?
    yyfhgf.jpg

all un-modded official cars are like this but work fine

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Just make mods as a seperate j beam file and put it in that vehicles folder, or I'd you refuse to do so, official vehicles are located at content\vehicles in experimental

Sent from the 3rd galaxy from the talks of tapping

19. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

20. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice