BeamNG - Fails & Crash #6

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by OnBoard, Oct 8, 2015.

1. OnBoard

OnBoard
    Expand Collapse

Hi! New Vid! Hope like it!

Bye:rolleyes:

#1 OnBoard, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

After the 50second point any chance of the music fitting is lossed.. there is no connection between the tunes and what is going on on-screen.

Better music choice cinematography [try using slightly wider FOV], and audio syncing would make the video more engaging to the viewer.

You need to make clip switches and quick snaps at the high points like rushing through lots of high speed crashes at a quick pace cutting with the beat during the high points of tempo in the music.

There are far too few clips being dragged on for unnecessary amounts of time in the video, too much slowmo where it doesn't belong and not enough care being put into this element between music and video.

For FOV might I recommend 30-35 [35 is what I use for images of cars as of the last few months over 20 as it keeps the perspective of angles on objects looking natural and doesn't make the vehicles look huge.

@ 1:12 it would have been more interesting to see the car fly from over the embankment from the other side with the car not being seen in the beginning of the clip.

In conclusion you asked if I liked the video and the awnser is "Meh", may you choice what to do with the constructive criticism given.

#2 KennyWah, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

You should really get a thread for all of your videos so that there aren't a thousand threads all for just 1 video. Make a thread that says like:

"My YouTube Channel OnBoard!"

This will help clear up the forums from all the "unnecessary" threads.

As for the actual montage:

I really liked the cinematography. I thought that the FOV was perfectly fine and that it looked very similar to someone like Insanegaz.

It is almost too much like Insanegaz. It almost (and I know you didn't) looks like you copied him. I know you didn't, but it still looks very similar to him.

You don't change up the vehicles and maps enough. It gets boring watching a video with crashes from the same exact map every single crash. The vehicles also should change more.

To much slow motion. Slayersen already said this but if the music drops or increases in speed (tempo), you need the video to match that. Especially from about about 1:00 to 1:24.

The music was pretty good but I have heard it in many other montages. I'm not sure which ones but I know I have heard it in a lot of them. Either way, you still have to do a better job syncing up the music.

You also spent too long on some crashes. Once the crash is over and there is no more crashing being done, you should move onto the next clip. Don't wait until the car comes to a complete stop.

Keep in mind that I am guilty of a lot of this stuff too and that I hope to make my montages better through fixing some of the stuff I just told you. You should also strive to make your montages better. The harder you work at this kind of stuff, the better you will get. I know you have been nice to me in the past and I have never given you this much criticism, but I am trying to help your montages as much as I can. I hope some of these tips help you to make better montages.

Don't take this to harshly on yourself. Everyone and anyone can improve on their montages. They just have to work harder at it. I hope that your next montage will be even better than this one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice