On Hold BeamNG International Airport

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by gigawert, Nov 22, 2015.

?

On a scale from 0 to 5, what is your interest level for this?

1. 0

1.0%
  2. 1

0.6%
  3. 2

1.2%
  4. 3

5.0%
  5. 4

16.1%
  6. 5

76.2%
  1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Press PrintScreen and go into paint and go Ctrl + V and save.

2. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Well, about that....
    1. I noticed in the "City of Lincoln" parking structure design guideline document that structures with "non parking ramps" (which your structure clearly features) are typically less efficient in terms of squeezing in parking spots. That said, they also specifically mention that "non-parking ramps are often employed at airports [...]" - all this is on page 14.
    2. Most likely this is common because airports prioritize ingress/egress capacity over parking capacity, but I don't know that for a fact. I would think that non-parking ramps would allow a larger flow in/out than ramps with parking (which would instead allow for higher parking-space density).
    3. The game certainly isn't going to let you or anyone else fill up the garage with functional cars any time soon. Probably not ever. It's reasonable to believe that it will never even let us fill the thing up with physics-object shell-cars.
    Based on that stuff I don't really see any practical reason for trying to maximize the number of parking spaces. Clearly you don't want something that's unrealistically low, but there's no particular reason to trip over yourself in that respect. I'd work on important functional aspects, such as the angles for the slopes (also conveniently mentioned on page 14!). [EDIT: like making sure you have transition slopes for steeper grades!]

Frankly I a quick look on the internet seems to indicate that most airports use spiral ramps, but I understand if you realize that and don't want to tackle it right now. That's probably a good choice: wait until you are ready for Blender or 3ds Max instead so that you can make a nicer product down the road.

3. Bulldog909

Bulldog909
    Expand Collapse

:D CANT WAIT! NEED IT!

4. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulldog909

Bulldog909
    Expand Collapse

sorry, that was my little brother, but i can wait for it, thanks gigawert

6. Bulldog909

Bulldog909
    Expand Collapse

Sorry that was my little brother, but i can wait :) @gigwert

7. schumacher

schumacher
    Expand Collapse

8. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

They look OK, but none of them are textured. I could probably do this myself.

9. schumacher

schumacher
    Expand Collapse

Uhm.. ok , yeah maybe I forgot to do some things ... but maybe you forgot to change the material.cs file ? Because I called it levels/airport/art... Do I dont Know how your map is called so you have to change maybe to levels/yourmapname/Art .. but anyways maybe I failed xD

#149 schumacher, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  10. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

The folder name was beamngairpt but I see what I need to do to make the textures work now.

11. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I haven't forgot about this, guys, incase you were wondering. Atm my motivation is not that high, but I will get back to it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

Will the runway be lighted? And are the buildings static? Which airport all you modeling?

13. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I am not sure how to make a lighted runway. The buildings are static. I am basing this airport off of the San Jose International Airport.

14. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

User @Driv3r1142 borrowed some lights from another map to use in Foothill Mines v3. I seriously doubt that you'd want to use exactly the same lights, but talking to Driv3r1142 and whoever the lights were borrowed from (probably Ouerbacker?) would be a good start on making/tweaking your own.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

The lights? The lights themselves, the light, are T3D objects already in the game. The meshes, are found elsewhere.

I could probably model a light fixture mesh, but I dont think you want that many light meshes for the runway gigawert because the lag would just be unbearable. If you want the player to drive around as a car through this map then you could do a few then the rest be just lights, but if its for planes only then you can do just lights.

Sorry if this is hard to understand, just give me a shoutout if you need some help with that.

16. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I don't see the issue with a full set of runway lights. MIP mapping will keep the number of polygons under control.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

You should try KCI (Kansas City International) next. It is cool.

18. Seahawkslover152

Seahawkslover152
    Expand Collapse

hey are you still working on it

19. JonnyTaunton

JonnyTaunton
    Expand Collapse

Good question, all kinda went dead, shame :/

20. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I would continue working on it (after losing motivation for a few months) but I lost the files a long time ago. I am working on another map however that only a few BeamNG players know about.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice