1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

beamng is really laggy suddenly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jiangwei08, Nov 6, 2018.

1. jiangwei08

jiangwei08
    Expand Collapse

im not sure if its just me but after the new update im getting maybe half of the FPS i used to get.
    in utah i would sometimes hit 15 FPS when maybe last time i could get 30fps? or 20+ with 2 cars?
    my settings are all normal but grass density is set to as low as possible and anistrophobic level is 4x.
    anti aliasing on
    light rays on
    ssao on
    dof on
    display all shadows
    dynamic reflection off.
    my computer specs are intel i5-7500, Asus gtx 1050 TI GAMING, 16 GB ram, windows 10 Home

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I would also advie turning off SSAO, as it can lag the game a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Check your mods.
    If something is having a error-fest in background, it will cripple your FPS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

…...Find it sad that I never knew that...that's probably why my FPS is slowly dieing...that and having 200+ mods...

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

When I used Windows defender that could make some do nothing loops which ate even up to 10% of SC power, making game run poorly, switching to something else solved that.

But it can be some other process having do nothing loops running so that half of single core power is lost and it does not even show up much in total CPU usage.

Can be also CPU throttling, is fan working properly, check temps and all that.

1050Ti is no strong enough to run SSAO, it just can't do that, I had one, still have, it is really great GPU, but not so great at SSAO and stuff like that.

Set shadows to partial, you probably can't spot the difference, but CPU is helped a bit and CPU needs all help it can get.

All those check boxes in graphics option use CPU power, some less, some more, so if you can't find anything that would eat your CPU time away, then turning those off should help.

It can be so many things really, but those would be where I would start looking, also using something that tells you individual CPU core load, GPU load and temps while playing should give better idea what could be causing the issue.

Over 60C temps would indicate there being room for improvement in cooling.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice