Beamng Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BQgamin, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I mean, who knows, the devs could think about it, they have a lot more skill than any of us, but it depends. Atleast its structured well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

If it was 2 people playing together, it would pretty much be someone controlng multiseat from their house, and having a different perspective that the other player

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It would require whole phisics engine redesign and total lag removal. It could work good if al vehicles would be on the server side and they would be controlled by AI with influence from player. That is, player would have an ability to change lanes, or choose turns. It is the only way to keep the colisions happy.
    --- Post updated ---
    Look at the lag that it will bring, I've done that threw team viever and co trolling vehicles was a pain... If each player had his own car there would be a huge problem in case of any crash... It works only if both vehicles are on server side but then it is harder for person connected tothe server threw internet to controll the car due to reaction lag.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

A botched version has been done before. If modders can make a botched version, there is a good chance the devs could do a simplified version and a real version is not impossible. But a bothched/simplified version is not what most people mean when they say "multiplayer" and true BeamNG multiplayer has major obstacles in the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RareAMV

RareAMV
    Expand Collapse

I meant that the extra nodes are around the current nodes and beams as an extra layer, they don't need physics calculations that the main node's require, they just need to stay in position relatively to the assigned node from the main beams and nodes, meaning that this extra layer could run at a much lower refresh rate than the main nodes and beams.

6. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

i kow there is a way to do multiseat from different places someone did it from england to someone in australia

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes, it is possible and it is called team viewer or any sort of remote axcess program. It works but having any sort of good race between both players is impossible due to delayed steering and no split screen

8. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Wheres this botched version people keep talking about lol

9. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I mean no offense this time either

"hey stop that now!"

10. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

I have a slight feeling that is just the AI

11. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

nope

12. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Would the AI have movements like that? Also, there is another video posted by FirePower from his point of view.

From what I can tell, seems like its using a rigged version of the replay mode. It seems plausible, but its so simplified, who knows if multiplayer would be possible

13. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Huh
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah, it looked kinda glitchy at times

14. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

It's from other perspectives. Proof that it's not AI

15. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Replay

16. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

You can't have two of the exact same replays on different BeamNG's...I'm pretty sure...

17. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

I don't see why you would be against this. It's real. It just sucks. As expected. It can work, and did work for Rigs of Rods, but that's not what the people want, and not what they mean when they say they want multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. scorpino83fr

scorpino83fr
    Expand Collapse

Hello, i am french (so sorry for my english ^^') and i have an suggestion :

And like Dirt Rally ? In the part Time trials.

If we choose the even map, layout, vehicules, and lap, share our time it's not possible ?
    Because there is "Best Time" :
    -> "Total Time"
    -> "Single Time"
    And why not add "Friend Time"
    -> "Total Time"
    -> "Single Time"

With Beam brocken or an other information :)

I love this game, but i am playing ofter at Automobilista, Asseto Corsa, Dirt Rally, and BeamNG.drive.

This system will be a must <3
    Listen it, "Challenge Time" or "Clean Race" ...

Tanks for watching my post :)

19. Bluray Ben

Bluray Ben
    Expand Collapse

Well, I have an idea that might just work. Might.
    Whenever you spawn a car in the multiplayer server, your own computer calculates, and updates the physics, only giving the end (or visual) results to the server, where it is displayed for others to see. So whenever you see a crash, there will be a few second delay, but you will then see the end results of the crash. This is more suited to roleplay servers (i.e. police, road trips, cruises, normal rp, etc...) and will not work well with multiplayer derby arenas.

If one is worried about the lag with this method, the data going from computers could be compressed, then sent to the server. This will make for less detailed crashes, and a few bugs here and there, but this could work in my opinion.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and please tell me what you think about this idea.Cheers!

,Ben

20. jiangwei08

jiangwei08
    Expand Collapse

please dont bump this thread its been more than 5 months since the last reply

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice