1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

BeamNG not opening

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Gabe Bickel, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Gabe Bickel

Gabe Bickel
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, I just now downloaded BeamNG.Drive off of Steam, and when I first opened the game, my monitor went black then gave me the message of "Signal Out of Range, Change to 1366x768 60Hz" I restarted my computer (I couldn't get back to my desktop) and I tried opening the game again, not it just flat out won't open. I've been wanting this game since 2013, and it was part of the reason I built my PC, so as you can imagine I'm pretty worried. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about the "signal out of range," although I'd imagine Google could help there. Sounds like a simple error.
    As for not launching, there's one thing that happens to me fairly often that makes the game refuse to launch. If you open task manager and find "Steam Client Bootstrapper" in the list, end the task and then try again.
    I don't know why, but sometimes Steam will just randomly lock up on my end (especially if I'm constantly closing and reloading the game for materials and textures) and that is the way I fix it. It might be your problem, it might not - worth a shot.

For more help, if you could toss us the System Information (GPU, CPU, etc) it'd help us quite a bit. Also, if the game crashes upon launching, you can submit a Support Request via the launcher and the more smarterer guys will help you. :)

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Out of range means that the monitor switched to a resolution that it does not support.
    It's weird, considering that's a pretty low resolution already.
    What is your monitor native resolution?

Also, pressing ALT+ENTER (when that message appears) will switch the game to windowed mode, making it be able to display on your monitor again.

4. Gabe Bickel

Gabe Bickel
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it was a really weird issue, I had to change out monitors, go in game (it was still saying signal out of range even though it was showing me the game, and the monitor also kept going to sleep), change the resolution to my other monitor's resolution, switch monitors again... ugh. Its working now. and also, you were right. It was just steam. Thanks for the help! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice