BeamNG performance on Kabylake Core M?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Michaelflat, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

So I'm thinking of getting a Core M laptop, and we'll I'm wondering, how well does it run BeamNG.

Before you all jump and say about how it won't run, I got BEAMNG running on an Intel Atom Z3735F which is probably 1/4 speed and maybe 1/10GPU performance.

Anyone want to chime in with what kind of performance you can get out of it?

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Barely 60fps on gridmap, maybe 40-45fps on ECA, using lowest graphics setting, but is it i3, i5 or i7? Still might be something around there, however Coffee lake mobile variant would be probably somewhat faster in BeamNG.

3. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

So some time ago I got the Acer Nitro 5 with the:
    Intel i5 6300hq 2.5 Ghz and Nvidia GTX 1050 4gb, 8gb ram, 1 TB hdd.
    It runs BeamNG high settings at >50 FPS and mid medium/early high @ 60 FPS.

4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Core M3 7Y30. Dual core, intel HD 615.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If it has no HT, then it could be 10-15fps less with single car I guess, but it could run that well, maybe, considering desktop Skylake i3 with integrated graphics might be near the same as that laptop or bit faster if there is no HT in M3.

You bought it already or still planning?

6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

still thinking. It does have HT.
    I'm getting this, an M3 as a laptop as well as my desktop. I could sell my desktop and get maybe a GTX 1050 laptop, but i don't need that much power everywhere.

I'm planning on getting a Cube Thinker I35, it's chinese, but has the Microsoft Surface pro screen, and i am a sucker for bright screens. 500lux it's going to be brilliant. All laptops in the price range have maybe 200lux screens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice