1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG runs a bit slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnMattEva, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Just Timepass

Just Timepass
    Expand Collapse

There are many alternatives to chrome though like brave browser.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

There are but (I know many people won't agree with me) imo it's safer to use more well-known browsers instead of some random ones because there's no guarantee that whoever made that small browser actually knows how to patch unintentional backdoors and stuff properly, in bigger companies there are more people and generally more experienced so there's a higher chance they will notice a safety issue and fix it quickly. Someone will say that the famous browsers will exploit the popularity and trust they have to add some "malware" like that without people caring because they will think it's required, I get it but I still think this is a safer alternative than getting for example your bank account hacked because of a terrible mistake on the browser side. And also I don't use Chrome myself, I use Firefox, I think the only advantage Chrome has is the speed from what I've tested with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i use Firefox too :p
    From what i've seen chrome is faster but he takes up to 2x more ram than firefox, so imo the only utility of chrome is if you play games online, and i don't play many.

4. JohnMattEva

JohnMattEva
    Expand Collapse

YOU GUYS ARE LIFESAVERS!
    Now I can run at 50 fps at normal to high graphics with 8 vehicles in Utah!
    Absolutely unbelievable! I can't thank you guys enough! Especially @P_enta! Thanks for your suggestions, I'm running around in joy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

wait 50 fps with 8 vehicles? i have ryzen 5 1600 and gtx 1650 and i can have only 3 vehicles or so while having 50 fps

6. JohnMattEva

JohnMattEva
    Expand Collapse

ah, I was mistaken! it ran around 40 fps with 8 vehicles in a not very gpu/cpu intensive area so I tried it again, and I have around 30 fps with 7 vehicles in the tourist spot in utah. When recorded in a replay, I get around 50 fps average (60 fps max) so I'm really happy with how it turned out!
    --- Post updated ---
    with 3 vehicles, I get around 55 fps in realtime btw

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice