1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG will not load a map. Please help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charles Ray, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Charles Ray

Charles Ray
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if it is my computer, or if it is BeamNG, but when I go to load a map, the words in the bottom left hand corner don't even get to say generating buildings or building terrain or spawning player. It literally just says loading, and the little circle just keeps spinning. I have left it to load for about two hours, and nothing has happened.
    Mind you I still have quite a slow computer. It usually takes about 5 minutes to load even gridmap, but even when I was loading grid small pure, it would just say loading.
    I have tried uninstalling beamNG and reinstalling it, but it still is doing the same thing.

2. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums c:
    Out of curiosity, can you post your PC specs?
    Taking five minutes to load Gridmap makes me think your computer is struggling to handle the game. Does the game ever crash or does it only ever simply sit at loading (hanging)? Do you have any mods?

3. Charles Ray

Charles Ray
    Expand Collapse

well. I can say that my i really cant believe that my computer can handle the game in the first place. once i load a map, the game is fine and never crashes. The hard part is loading the map. (they are bad) my computer specs: 4 gigabytes RAM (its really, really bad) and it has a Intel i3. I'm not a computer person, so that is all I can think of to tell you. I do not have any mods.

4. cookies and milk

cookies and milk
    Expand Collapse

Does it give any message saying about low GB's when starting it up? Try starting on grid small pure.

5. Charles Ray

Charles Ray
    Expand Collapse

It does say low memory. Ill try again.
    EDIT: it still doesn't work.

6. cookies and milk

cookies and milk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah its probably low memory. Could be wrong though

• Like Like x 1
  7. Charles Ray

Charles Ray
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. Thank you everyone for being so nice. I've never had a conversation in the forums before. Even though I could not figure it out, thank you all for the help! It seems that most of the people who play BeamNG are all nice people.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's probably hanging via a disk error, if you check in Task Manager, do you see the disk space maxed out at 95-100%? If so, then that's your problem, sadly the only way to fix this is to buy a better disk drive, or to close any applications that are taking up disk space.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Charles Ray

Charles Ray
    Expand Collapse

The strange thing is that I've had the game for about 2 years, and this problem has never happened. Nothing has changed.

I have tried to do the "submit information", but it just says that I have no wifi, which I do. I just found out that, when I tried to uninstall BeamNG, it had actually not deleted the information completely from my computer. It had just uninstalled it from steam. I will now try to completely rid the game from my computer, and then reinstall it.

11. Charles Ray

Charles Ray
    Expand Collapse

OH MY WORD YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! I went into documents and went to beamng. Didn't open beamng, but just right-clicked and clicked delete. It then deleted it for about half an hour. I just reinstalled it and now it words. Apparently steam had a problem when it tried to update to the latest hot-fix, and that prevented the game from loading a new map. Now steam just downloaded the game with the game already updated and now it works. Thank you everyone in this forum!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice