BeamNGear Ideas.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by car lover, Feb 17, 2014.

1. car lover

car lover
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

When the multiplayer would be implemented, I'm going to make a BeamNG car programme called BeamNGear. The formula would be similar to Top Gear. I need challenge ideas, because I have only one. So I want you to invent them. After you post 36 ideas, I pick the best 9 for the programme.
    You could also send applications for being a presenter. You would just need a microphone, video capture and you should be funny. When I would be technically ready, I will choose two members with the funniest applications.
    You could also be our Stig. Just do the fastest lap of the Industrial Island asphalt track in:
    Ibishu Covet Rally,
    VW Rail Buggy,
    Golf Caddy,
    Gavril H45 Cabster,
    Civetta Bolide,
    Ibishu Covet MRi,
    Gavril D-Bird,
    Gavril D15 MiniMonster,
    1040 HP Grand Marshall,
    and send a video documentation of it.
    We also need a modder to modify vehicles for challenges. Just send us a picture of your latest mod and the amount of time you needed to make it. You also should have skills to make mods as good as DrowsySam ones.
    Ability to program in Lua is also quite important.
    The presenters and The Stig should be British!! And a warning - I'm a spitfire and I have Asperger syndrome.

Enjoy!

#1 car lover, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. Jack Attack

Jack Attack
    Expand Collapse

3. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

In the mean time, you could simple just post challenges and have people attempt them kind of like the weekly race thread. Weekly-race-thread People could attempted them and post videos, pictures of them attempting the challenge. Just a thought. :D

Also I've got a lot of Top Gear, and Roadkill style challenges I've came up with. So I can help you out in that department if needed. :)

4. car lover

car lover
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

For me it would also be a long time to prepare the show. By now I'm the only presenter who would be in the show for sure. But I want to know your ideas.

5. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Oh I mis understood you before, for some reason I thought you were going to post a challenge and have BeamNG members participate like in a race or something with multiple cars, and then post in on YouTube or whatever ( kind of like FailRace does with there verses the community races ).
    Now I realize you want to make a show with like 2 or 3 presenters. So ya, you would kind of need multiplier to pull that off. So what your looking for is just ideas for now.
    Ok I think I understand now :D

Well as far as my ideas go, a lot of them would depend on what kind of features and game play is added to BeamNG in the future. I will think about a few that can be done with the current alpha and post the ones I think are the best.

If you are thinking about making this into a YouTube channel and you don't have a YouTube channel yet, I would recommend you practice recording yourself while playing games, It is a lot harder than it might seem if you don't have any experience. Also you might want to start uploading some game play videos in the somewhat near future before you make the BeamNGear series, so you can practice your presenting and maybe attract a small fan base.

It's a good idea and I like the name BeamNGear ;) If you really need a presenter I might be able to help you out, and I will post some ideas when I come up with some good ones.

6. car lover

car lover
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You should write a presenter application. And Failrace didn't have any fanbase when he started the First Gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Could anyone actually post challenge ideas and presenter or Stig applications?

7. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Not even an ideal at the moment.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Usually top gear compares different makes of the same type of car. Kinda like a BMW wagon, a volvo wagon, and a subaru wagon driving around the desert or something. And we don't have more than one car in each "category" yet so that's that.

9. car lover

car lover
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Are 1963 Opel Kadett, 1980 Lancia Beta and 1984 Mercedes W123 the same class? NO!

10. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

You can't even do this unless you own BeamNG, which you don't :|
    You say you get all your information from 'YouTube videos', but that can't be true.

11. car lover

car lover
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

When there would be multiplayer, I would probably own a computer capable of running it, which by now I don't have :l.
    Anyway, post your challenge ideas or presenter/Stig/modder applications.

- - - Updated - - -

Daniel, remove your ad, because as I'm banned by Ozzx, it looks for me like a sarcastic joke.

12. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Well, its my signature not an ad aimed at you specifically.
    Just ignore it :)

13. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

He can have whatever the hell he wants in his signature as long as it follows the forum rules. He shouldn't remove it just because it teases you. It's your fault for getting banned anyway.

14. car lover

car lover
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Some time ago one guy PM'd me with an application. Remember, we applicate here only on the thread.

15. car lover

car lover
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah, you're right, I don't get all my information from YouTube videos. I get my information from YouTube videos and BeamNG forum. And I say it again: remove your signature, because it's offensive for people banned from IRC, including me.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't my fault. I simply wrote "Classifieds anyone?" and he banned me.

- - - Updated - - -

So help me and post these challenge ideas on this thread.

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Dude, its not offensive, its just a simple statement that people can join the IRC. Just do what I do and ignore it...
    (although I'm not banned)

17. coopercrue

coopercrue
    Expand Collapse

He doesn't have to remove sh-t. It's not aimed at you, and it is not an ad.

He would not have made a signature specifically making fun of some random newbie member who didn't even buy the game.

#17 coopercrue, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  18. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

:|
    There are a lot of offensive signatures on these forums, I doubt one advertising a some-what official BeamNG IRC channel is offensive to anyone, you were banned by another person (originally, I may have restored it after the server was reset, and all bans were lost) and I had nothing to do with it.
    If you want your situation sorted out, contact ozzking93, i'm sure he'll be glad (bwahaha) to sort things out with you.

19. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

*begins to laugh hysterically and fall out of computer chair*
    1. You have no authority here
    2. Even if you are banned it you shouldn't be offended by it. I bet your the type of guy to support banning the word bossy in schools.
    3. I don't really think ozzx would ban you for nothing.

And if anyone's signature is offensive, I've had some bad ones.
    I'm actually quite surprised no one's said anything about them yet.

#19 Potato, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice