Best PS2 games you've played?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BannedByAndroid, Oct 15, 2017.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Burnout 3.

That was my childhood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

3. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

So many choices...
    But Gran Turismo 4 was my favorite. Always been a sim racer fan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Gran Turismo 4 and Burnout 3/Revenge(i guess)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Recently been playing the Initial D game and Enthusia. Both of those are pretty good.
    Also remembered that Persona 3 is a PS2 game. (I played it on PSP). That game is <3

6. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    Monster Jam 4x4:Masters of Metal
    Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 and Need for Speed Most Wanted

All of these were my childhood, they are perfect

7. Acid_Bubble

Acid_Bubble
    Expand Collapse

Burnout 3, Flatout series, MX Unleashed, ATV Off road fury series.

8. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

All I really use my PS2 for nowadays is Gran Turismo 4. Best game in the series by far, and one of my favorite racing games.

Every newer GT game looks inferior when compared to it, even if 5 and 6 had more cars. GT4 had something better; A solid single player mode with plenty to do, and a decent variety of cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

That's why I won't enjoy the new GT much. Not just the lack of cars, but they basically stated that they dumbed down the single player because we wouldn't understand it otherwise. In my opinion, I don't think you needed much car knowledge to enjoy the single player of the previous games. I was never disadvantaged with those games as a kid because of a lack of car knowledge. What it did do though, was make me want to learn more about what that all meant. You know, how putting a certain part on my car made it faster. Or what changing a gear ratio meant. Now I'm almost completly qualified in it all, and I know what it all means. If they dumbed those games down way back then, then who knows. I may have never had an interest in cars, and might've ended up doing something completly different now,

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

I saw the title of this thread, and I thought, "Hey, I had a PS2, and the most memorable game for me was Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition."
    *Opens thread*
    *Reads first post*
    How tho

Anyway, besides that game I also had Jeep Thills, a Baja racing game (forgot the name of it), and Test Drive Unlimited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Destructmen

Destructmen
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised that my fav game hasn't been mentioned yet;

Driven to Destruction (Test Drive: Eve of Destruction in U.S.)

I still think it's one of the best games in its category. Graphics are ok compared to modern games. Still playing it when I got nothing else to play.

Also I had all the other great games on original Xbox (FlatOut 2, Burnout 3, Forza Motorsport 1)

12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Silent Hill 2 for me, too, although I played the vastly superior PC port first.

One of my absolute favourite games ever and possibly the pinnacle of the franchise. Before KONAMI decide to poop on it with the awful HD remaster, that is...

13. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

You are joking, right? The PC port was a mess...

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Not joking.

The PC port was made off the X-BOX variant. Featured improved graphics, selectable post-processing filter, lightning quick loading times and save-anywhere. It also included all the extras of the PS2 version.

I played it back when it was new and it ran just fine. Then it admitedly broke spectacularly as technologies evolved... ;)

15. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

My favourite PS2 games were
    GTA SA
    Burnout 2+3
    GT4
    And juiced 2
    I loved to play splitscreen with my brother, it's a shame many games don't do that anymore :(

16. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

1) 'Improved Graphics': Yeah, it's in HD and you can turn the Film-Grain off and everything but IMO it just makes everything look muddy and takes away the atmosphere. Plus, the ever present (in outside areas) fog effect is absolutely garbage in this version, fog only seem to cover the floor with everything else being... gray....

2) Faster loading times: That's great I guess....

2) Save anywhere: I'll admit, it's a nice feature but I think it doesn't fit in a survival horror game where you shouldn't be able to save everytime you approach an enemy.... Kinda takes away the point for me

If you like the PC version then power to you but I think it's a major downgrade from the PS2 version....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I somewhat rarely play PS2 anymore, but I would if I really want to. In no particular order, my favorites are:

Stuntman Ignition: I see not much love for this game, and I love it, Even if I got the superior X360 port later on
    Speed Racer The Video Game: I loved the movie, and it translates to the game very well
    Pac-Man World 2: I'm not a platformer type of player, but I will play this once in a while, because why not.
    Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge: I love this game because Hot Wheels and cool cars, that is all.
    Stuntman: The prequel to Stuntman Ignition, and its a really good game, but once again, somewhat rarely loved
    Nascar 06: Total Team Control: When I'm super bored, I might give this game a try once in a while.
    R: Racing Evolution: A really good racing game, and I'd say underloved, and its from the Ridge Racer series surprisingly.
    Hot Wheels: Beat That!: Its Hot Wheels and its racing on Hot Wheels sized tracks, the appeal is obvious

Yeah, that's like, a just above a quarter of my collection...I couldn't choose on less favorites...

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

PS2 version had much stronger fog simply to disguise horrid pop-up/flickering issues. Which still occurr. That detracts from the "horror experience" as well IMO. I never liked the "let's-cover-all-glitches-in-swirling-white-and-hope-no-one-notices" fog in the PS2 version, but still, "complex" (volumetric) fog was reestabilished with the official PC patch and PS2-like fog was modded in back then and then included in the modern system patches released a few years ago.

Film grain was an expedient, too. And it's still present in the PC version. I never disabled it.

If anything, PS2 version had better sounds. That's the best part of it, but they ruined sounds with the remasters. SMH.

Save-anywhere is optional (you can still let the game manage autosaves/checkpoints) and disqualifies the player from accessing certain extras IIRC.

Choice > Fake atmospheric effects IMO.

I loved both versions. Likely, my memories of the PC version are a bit rose-tinted, but the PS2 version was fairly compromised as well.

19. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Midnight club 3
    Nfs Hot pursuit
    GTA San andreas,Gta III
    Mafia
    Burnout 3
    and others i cant think of

20. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

NFS Hot Pursuit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice