Outdated Better Sounds Mod [5.1.1] works with 0.18.0.1

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by jojos38, Apr 17, 2017.

?

Do you like the Siren and Horn Mod 3.0 ?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2017.
  1. Yes

383 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Middle

25 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Try to put the sound of the game higher (in the settings of the game)

2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried starting Beamng as admin? Or given Beamng or Steam read/write persmission for all users?

3. evolvedpikachu3

evolvedpikachu3
    Expand Collapse

You installed it correctly right? If so, problems probably connected to your computer and not the mod

4. corvette86_97

corvette86_97
    Expand Collapse

5. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

What do you (Jojos) think about this. Is it possible to use lua to blend two textures in Beamng?
    My idea was that until the devs get blending textures for dirt and so on, it could be possible to use the triggers for your custom sounds (or have a timer count how long each road sound has been playing) and have that blend a dirt texture onto the default car textures. If possible then the reverse would be able to do as a counter for how long the has contact with water, and have that reset after 3 seconds in the water or set back the blend counter by half each second or something like that.
    expanding that could be for scratched bodywork. The longer the/more often a sound is played the more a scratch texture is blended onto the car. For this to be realistic though one would need to use several textures for the bodywork, even for different parts of say a fender.

6. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Yes it's completly possible to do the timers etc... but i don't know if it's possible to do "blending texture for dirt" and i don't know how to use the texture in beamng and how they work. It took me much time to understand how the game work on the lua part, but on the texture part i don't know how it work. If they don't do it it's probably because it's hard to do

• Like Like x 1
  7. mydoomfest56

mydoomfest56
    Expand Collapse

maybe you ask derbymutt for help since he did that in ror

8. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

CAUTION:
    DO NOT use the material editor inside the map editor of BeamNG.drive. It will not make the paths correctly, and could crash to desktop. Bad paths will appear to work when you do them, but not retain access to files proper upon reloading.
    Only DDS texture format is supported. For textures with translucency/transparency you use DXT5 DDS format - DXT1 format has no support for compression, and will give all textures a black outline where they fade to transparency (good for Sonic The Hedgehog, but not for this!).
    0.12 update of the game engine should fix both the Material and Shape Editors for the game, to the best of my knowledge.

Mod suggestions:
    Dirt dust and rock chucking sound effects should 'fade' in over 3~5 seconds slowly to make it feel right otherwise it's too sudden, and also, many maps with larger than default (1) terrain square size will have dirt simulated under the edges of roads, making for unrealistic experience.
    Dirt dust should not be present on green grass.
    Halved the volume for turn signals/indicators on mine, seems better now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

What I understood: "CAUTION". x)
    You can make a suggestion on the forum because it's beyond my abilities. :c

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

12. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

New update 4.4.1:
    -Slightly improved dirt sound
    -Friction sound volume lowered
    -Added more bass to the crash sounds

• Like Like x 1
  13. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

Yo, can we get an update for this mod, taking out a load of things ( personally id like ) we now have more vehicle sounds like indicators etc, can we take those out the file, the tire skid sound is quite weird.
    What i really like is the gravel sounds and water splash, and the fans that speed up, those are awesome little addons oh and the reverse wind < would we be able to just get a file with those in it, i looked at the script looks hella confusing

14. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

New update 4.5 !

-Fixed gear shifting volume
    -Improved the code
    -Disabled lights sound by default
    -Disabled blinker sound by default
    -Disabled truck reverse sound by default

-Disabled deflated tire sound by default
    -Improved dirt driving and skid sound (a little bit) by using the new code from the devs

It's nice to see that the devs are improving the sounds :D

You can just disable all the feature you don't want using the settings file and they will not be loaded and the next restart and it will not make the game lag more or use more CPU
    Why you think the dirt skid sound is weird ?

#894 jojos38, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

no the gravel is awesome i love hearing the stones and that tink off the car, the normal road skid sound is weird, id do a burnout start and it would sound like a cartoon ish skid sound, but everything else is good, do you replace the true to nil ?

#895 tanis, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  16. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Replace true by anything else it will work, but you are supposed to replace it by "false".
    The tire skid sound is just realistic, i don't know if you already heard a car skidding in real life but it sound similar ^^

17. SnakeEyesQC

SnakeEyesQC
    Expand Collapse

i try everything to make your mod working and i cant make it.. please help what im doing wrong? .. i tranfer all the other mod in another folder to make sure your mod work .. but still the same error.... fatal vehicule exception.

Attached Files:

• thumbnail_20180404_185701.jpg
    • thumbnail_20180404_185447.jpg
    • thumbnail_20180404_185559.jpg
  18. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

It seem correctly installed, you replace the settings file too ? It should work. Do you have a cracked version of the game ? When you are on the menu what version is showed on the bottom right of the screen ?

Can you open the console and take a photo of the error ?

19. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

I love it. The tire sounds are amazing!

20. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

The mods seems outdated, eg the water splash sounds won't work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice