OFFICIAL Blender JBeam Editor

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Leeloo, Sep 20, 2023.

1. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

#221 angelo234, Apr 28, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  2. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

What am I doing wrong? This was working just fine one day & the next everything went fubar. Every time I try to move a jbeam object it never ends up where I put it, it gets put in a random location with random rotation values (when rotated).

3. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

That's kinda like one of the problems with the decal editor. If it's like the decal editor at all, that means you will just have to make sure it is perfect on the first try. But with Jbeaming that is nearly impossible :p

4. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

Hmm I see the bug when I rotate it in "Object Mode" and do further translations or rotations. But rotating in "Edit Mode" seems to work without issue for me.

5. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

Tried that, sort of worked (after a lot of undo/redo crap), then as soon as I put it back into Object Mode to set the translations it goes fubar again.

As soon as I hit CTRL+A everything flips back to their previous position.
    Clipboard_05-22-2024_01.jpg

After I undo it it goes back but the green box stays in the previous location & everything will be back there if I reload the jbeams.
    --- Post updated ---
    Every time I click on a jbeam in the side menu it all jumps back & forth, this is driving me nuts.
    --- Post updated ---
    Blender 4.1.1
    Plugin 0.2.3

Reinstalled, still fubar.
    --- Post updated ---
    Even tried an older version of Blender, no luck, things just jump to random places. I'm done, I have enough going on without stressing myself trying to figure out a problem that shouldn't exist to begin with.

Cool idea, really cool, just needs more bugs worked out.

6. Blenux

Blenux
    Expand Collapse

If you rotate in Object mode you'll need to apply rotation values (same for scales and Transforms), since you're also moving the pivot etc, in edit mode no need to do this has you're only rotating the verts/edges/faces without affecting the pivot point of said object.

(Hope that makes sense, just woke up)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Indoraptor23

Indoraptor23
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know why the importer does not work on one specific blender file? it works with the cube but not my current project

8. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

Not sure what you mean, could you explain more?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice