Blender missing materials + attaching 2 parts together (JBEAM)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Leet34, May 4, 2014.

1. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Im having a problem that everytime i import covet's DAE into blender it loses its material info... What i did was just import the ORIGINAL UNEDITED covet DAE into blender, import my own part and then export. Result is that covet was purely white (even in blender after import).

So im asking what way it is posible to import a DAE into blender that so it doesnt lose its materials and im able to export it again with original materials.

Second question, How do i attach one part (one .jbeam file) to another. For example like bumper to main body.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Add a beam between a node on your new part and a node on the covets chassis. Easy enough.

3. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

So you mean it will actually read a beam which connects those 2 nodes of both jbeam files ?
    It sounds simple but i still dont know what code to paste in, i mean a code which will write a connection between 2 jbeams.
    Im gonna try but im not sure that i will be succesfull.

For example lets say i have this circled node:

jbm.png

So tell me how do i connect this node in this selection:

lkjhk.png

to a node in my rollcage jbeam.

Ill also need someone to answer me my first question.

#3 Leet34, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

For the broken textures, go into Blender and look at the name of the material. If it says something like "hatch," then you're fine. If it says "hatch.001," then that's your problem. If you try to import the Covet once into Blender, then open it again later in the same seen, Blender will rename all of the Covet textures so the two won't interfere. Just rename "hatch.001" back to "hatch" and it should fix the problem. Here's what it looks like in Blender. I imported the D15, deleted it, then opened a few specific parts from the D15 in Blender. Since I had already opened the textures from the D15 the first time I opened the file, Blender renamed all the materials to "pickup.001."
    Untitled-1.jpg

5. Motovader72

Motovader72
    Expand Collapse

I think you need to render the model before export.
    I could be wrong, just a thought.

My main reason for posting here is I want it to show
    up in my profile when answers get posted because
    I want to know too! :eek:

6. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Thanks much ! I havent noticed that. I dont have time to fix it up now but im pretty sure your method will work.

That has got nothing to do with it since renderer just renders shaded models.

Ok then :D

- - - Updated - - -

Materials of body are fixed, but... Now i have problem that one type of wheel (default) will have tire texture, but other type (sport) wont have because its material has same name... so it everytime one material renames to tire.001 while other one is how it should be..

ffgdfg.png

I will probably need help from anyone whoever released a moded covet created in blender. (he probably knows how to fix it)

#6 Leet34, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  7. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Bump. (I need answer for the tire texture glitch)

BTW tried jbeam in game (everything seems ok) and for some reasons game freezes when i load up covet...

#7 Leet34, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice