Blown engines

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kitteh5, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

In RoR, I kept this revving for a while and it stayed revving and kept going and didn't blow. screenshot_4.jpg
    But in BeamNG I think when you rev a car at redline for a while something in the engine fails and blows up.
    It will make the game very realistic and more realistic, and more realistic. Please put this feature in the game, thanks.

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

DERP ,are you a spammer, a noob, or an idiot? You have posted a lot of useless topics recently. I don't mean the 2nd one as an insult but the other two seem possible.

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I fixed your English, not trying to be nasty about it. Also, there's already a thread on this subject.

#3 Hati, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

Dont be a dick, hes new and english obviously isnt his first language. If anyone here is spamming its YOU with your hateful comments.

5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I don't care about his english, I understand that. However he has made 1 or 2 threads that already have been talked about. I want to keep this forum mature. Grammar and spelling and all that I don't care about, I only want people to search before they post. I probably could've said it nicer but it is the past now. I don't hate him personally I just think he has posted the most off-topic recently.

#5 Bubbleawsome, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Ya he also was spamming with the drag post. Anyways, let's get this back on topic. :)

7. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

if the oil isnt old, the engine wont blow up just because you rev the engine to redline. after a very long time the water will boil and probably the water presure will find their way out. and then if you still keep reving it will take a long time untill the oil will be that hot that it starts to get less viscous and then the zylinders could rub aggainst the engine wall and cause some serious damage.
    it all depends on what oil you use. some are preparated for motorsports and can take a lot of heat.

the game will not be that detailed about all this stuff but some cool effects and yould be awsome.
    what i would like ist that if you destroy your tires withe some drifts and burnouts, that the tire junks fly away and a destroyed tire is still on the rim. and steel rims can glow if they interact with the ground and sparks are everywhere. but only steel rims. because everybody knows that alloy rims dont make sparks and doesnt glow if they scratch on asphalt :)

8. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

at 525*C any object should emit a dull red light, its called the Draper Point. Irrespective of the material, it glows the same colour at that temperature. There's something called Wien's displacement law that can help you work out the wavelength of light the black-body emits, and therefore it's colour. If what you're telling me is true then you'd be telling me that steel (which, classically, is an alloy) is capable of reaching this temperature through friction with asphalt, but is the only alloy capable of reaching this temperature through friction with asphalt, and this is patently false.

and all a spark is, is extremely hot fragments of metal being flung away from the surface thats being ground down. All metals spark, it requires that the fragments just be hot. Its even better if the metals oxidize rapidly. Titanium has a really nice spark.

#8 Hati, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

i didnt understand everything you said, bescause english isnt my primair language. i know it depends what metal gets hot and how it interacts with the surface. but the alloy in alluminium rims doesnt make sparks when doing a burnout. it may glow and get that hot when putting it into a fire or doing something else but usually steelies do glow when the friction is big enough. ive seen a gud douing a burnout with no tire and a alluminium rim but the material wasnt strong enough and the rim started to break and to grind away .

i hope you get what i mean.

10. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

well, the hardness of the alloy being terrible means that the metal would grind away before it got hot enough to glow or burn in the atmosphere and throw glowing sparks, but an alloy with similar hardness to steel would be able to heat up enough to throw visible sparks, maybe on second thought you could be right.

Oh, for steelies there should, theoretically, be a point where the steel begins to soften and melt, and can no longer deal with the centrifugal force at those high RPM's. It should, and there's no other word for it, 'explode'. Sending lots of sparks and white-hot material into the air. Maybe even ripping the rim apart. I believe a fairly modern car should be capable of this, maybe you've seen it, that would be a fairly good thing to include.

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA9T6BBqCjM

Yeah, it seems there is.

#10 Hati, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  11. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

Funy thing is that on the RoR forums it's stated that he is american xD

12. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

What's wrong with being American? Why would that make it funnier than if he were German or Russian? :confused:

13. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

99% of americans speak english so I would assume english is his first language.

14. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

Come on guys... Back on topic. This is starting to get ridiculous. There hasnt been a single thread recently without an off topic argument started because people are being incredibly rude in their replies to others. And the people involved in each of these arguments are becoming rather familiar. Lets knock it off and start acting a BIT more mature, yeah?

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Well you started it, LOL. However, OT, all that can be said has been said.

16. IIHS...

IIHS...
    Expand Collapse

you keeping this forum mature? you're the immature one. he can talk about what he wants you hypocrite

17. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

This thread seems to be one of those topics that isn't particularly radical and no-one is interesed in talking about it. I can sympathize, blown engines are such a standard idea that this is a really crappy thread. Its kind of erupted into drama as a consequence. Let it die, people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice